What we want
We are looking for works that incorporate speculative fiction and imaginative elements not found in contemporary reality, which includes: science fiction, fantasy, horror, magic realism, alternate history, steampunk, superhero and paranormal. Please see the ‘About’ section for more information on speculative fiction that may help.
Between 1000 and 5000 words in length.
Simultaneous submissions – submitting your work to more than one market at a time – are accepted but please let us know if it has been accepted elsewhere.
What we DON’T want
No multiple submissions – please wait for your work to be accepted/rejected before submitting another.
No repeat submissions – sorry but if we said no the first time we don’t want to see it again.
No reprints – if it has been published elsewhere then we don’t accept it.
We don’t accept poetry, flash fiction (work under 1000 words), or gratituous violence or erotica/porn, please. If swearing, violence or sex is a fundamental part of the story then that is fine and will be reviewed on its merits.
Please note that, prior to a story being published, it may be edited.
We try to respond to all submissions with 90 days. If you haven’t received a response after 90 days please query at [email protected] quoting your name, title of the piece and date of submission.
Your stories should be a saved in a doc, docx or rtf file and you should include a bio (of up to 200 words) in the same document, after your story.
Include your name and contact details, the story’s title, and the story’s length at the top left of the page;your document should be in a standard, easy-to-read, font (Courier, Times New Roman or Arial work best), single spaced, with a blank line between paragraphs. Paragraphs should not be indented.
Following these instructions will make it much easier to read your submission and is appreciated.
Ready to submit
Please ensure that you have read everything here: http://thewifiles.com/?page_id=2
If this is your first time submitting to The Wifiles you will need to create an account with Submishmash. This is easy, painless and – most of all – free.
If you have any problems with the submission process, or any queries before submitting, please contact us at [email protected]
If you have read the information above and are now ready to submit your work:
Via: The Wi-Files.
- Taking Submissions: Dread: A Furry Horror Mag - April 20, 2018
- Guest Post: Writing Horror - April 20, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Slice #24: Time - April 19, 2018
- Eraserhead Press & Deadite Press Are Open To Novels And Novellas - April 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Working Zealot’s Guide to Gaining Capital in Pre-Apocalyptic America - April 18, 2018
- Serial Killers: It’s Always Easier In The Dark Part 4. The brother who was a Father - April 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Deductions, Delinquents, and Detectives - April 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: In The Air - April 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Knucklehead Noir - April 16, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 04/15/2018 - April 15, 2018