Payment: Seven cents a word
Please note that we are only accepting fictional stories at this time. Do not submit non-fiction articles or art.
We do not accept simultaneous submissions.
Galaxy’s Edge accepts both Science Fiction and Fantasy stories in all sub-genres. We do not publish horror stories. The maximum word count we will consider is 7,000 words, although we have a preference for shorter fiction. There is no minimum word count.
Submit your story electronically to [email protected]. Documents should be double-spaced and in .docx, .doc or .rtf format, in 12 point (size) Times New Roman font. Italicized words should be in italics, not underlined.
If you need more information on how to format your manuscript, please refer to William Shunn’s guide to manuscript formatting.
While we do not restrict the use of profane language, violence or explicit sexual situations, use them judiciously, if you must.
Please make sure that your complete contact information is at the top of the first page of the manuscript. This should include your name (and pen-name if being used, clearly marked) and your address, phone number and email address.
There is no need to submit a cover letter. If you feel the need to explain the story then it probably needs to be re-done. It should stand by itself.
Allow up to six weeks for us to get back to you. Please do not inquire about your submission until six weeks have passed after your submission.
Galaxy’s Edge currently pays seven cents a word for all stories upon acceptance. We are a SFWA approved venue for short stories.
Via: Galaxy’s Edge.
- WIHM: Be Brave, Be Delighted - February 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Apparition Lit Magazine (Short Window!) - February 15, 2019
- Creators Should Really Check Out The Available MasterClass Programs! - February 15, 2019
- Video Refresh: James Dorr Interview - February 15, 2019
- WIHM: Horror Is For Women - February 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Blasphemous Rumors - February 14, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 02/14/2019 – Love Isn’t In The Air! - February 14, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Shotgun Honey Presents Volume 4 - February 14, 2019
- WIHM: “Do You Not Get Scared?” My Life as a Horror Book Reviewer and Writer. - February 14, 2019
- Serial Killers: Plaything Part 2 - February 13, 2019