The Mighty Line is a monthly literary magazine published by Marlowe and Company and edited by John Heggelund. Issues feature quality short stories as well as articles, essays, and interviews on the subject of writing, publishing, and art.
Our goal is to support authors of short fiction while making literature more relevant to non-academic audiences. To that end, we pay $25 to contributors and host the magazine online for free.
Access to the special Patreon issue and more behind-the-scenes content is available to those looking to support The Mighty Line with a small monthly donation.
The Mighty Line is always open to unsolicited submissions. We are looking for quality literary fiction that pairs refined storytelling with immediate cultural relevance. Genre fiction is discouraged, but stories that transcend their genre will be considered. Flash submissions are welcome. Anything that tells a compelling story in less than 4,000 words is welcome. Multiple submissions are fine. Simultaneous submissions are fine so long as you withdraw your submission as soon as it is accepted elsewhere. We are not currently seeking previously published work. Submitters must be able to accept payment by PayPal. Please submit through Submittable. By submitting your work, you are agreeing to publish it with us should we accept it. Upon acceptance, Marlowe and Company assumes first-time electronic publication rights, the right to preserve the work in an online archive, and the right to publish the work in future collections.
Please format submissions with 1″ margins, in 12 point Times New Roman font, double spaced, with numbered pages. Only .doc/.docx files are accepted. Stories must be less than 4,000 words.
Via: Marlowe and Company.
- Taking Submissions: Electric Athenaeum - May 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Grumpy Old Gods Vol. 3 Halloween Edition - May 20, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 05/19/2019 - May 19, 2019
- 10 steps to start writing a book - May 17, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Ricky’s Back Yard – How HORROR-able - May 17, 2019
- Unholy Trinity: The Soul Trilogy - May 17, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: The Mighty Line - May 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: All Dark Places 2 - May 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Fire and Brimstone - May 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Cafe Irreal August 2019 - May 15, 2019