Ongoing Periods: July 1 to August 31, and again from January 1 to February 28
Payment: $30 per story
What we’re looking for:
- Short fiction between 3000-7500 words. This length is flexible.
- Speculative fiction. We especially like science fiction and fantasy but will read anything that grips us. We’re not looking for erotica, and romance isn’t usually our thing.
- Submit completed manuscripts to submissions AT asterismpress DOT com. Rich text format (.rtf) preferred, but we’re not here to tell you which word processor to use. Use the subject line ‘SUBMISSION: (Your title)’ for best results.
We purchase nonexclusive electronic and anthology rights, and the right to distribute the material under a Creative Commons license (CC-BY-NC 4.0). We accept reprints (though please indicate where it has appeared previously, if feasible), but would rather avoid simultaneous submissions (it just sounds like a headache for everyone involved). If we accept your story, we’ll pay you a flat rate of $30. Please bear in mind that most publishers will not buy reprints, so don’t send us anything you’d like to sell later.
Strange Constellations is open to submissions from July 1 to August 31, and again from January 1 to February 28. We’re in the Pacific time zone, though if you miss the deadline by a day or two on either side you’re probably fine. We try to respond to all submissions within two weeks of the close of our submission periods. We respond to all submissions; if you haven’t heard from us within that time, please query us at rmason AT asterismpress DOT com.
- Trembling With Fear 05/26/2019 - May 26, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Syntax & Salt - May 24, 2019
- Unholy Trinity – Marauders, Missing, Mission - May 24, 2019
- Video Refresh: An Interview With Josh Finney & Patrick McEvoy - May 24, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Funny Queer - May 24, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Legendary Tales - May 23, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Claw & Blossom June 2019 - May 23, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Soft Surface Poetry - May 23, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Twofer Compendium - May 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Putrescent Poems - May 22, 2019