Ongoing Periods: July 1 to August 31, and again from January 1 to February 28
Payment: $30 per story
What we’re looking for:
- Short fiction between 3000-7500 words. This length is flexible.
- Speculative fiction. We especially like science fiction and fantasy but will read anything that grips us. We’re not looking for erotica, and romance isn’t usually our thing.
- Submit completed manuscripts to submissions AT asterismpress DOT com. Rich text format (.rtf) preferred, but we’re not here to tell you which word processor to use. Use the subject line ‘SUBMISSION: (Your title)’ for best results.
We purchase nonexclusive electronic and anthology rights, and the right to distribute the material under a Creative Commons license (CC-BY-NC 4.0). We accept reprints (though please indicate where it has appeared previously, if feasible), but would rather avoid simultaneous submissions (it just sounds like a headache for everyone involved). If we accept your story, we’ll pay you a flat rate of $30. Please bear in mind that most publishers will not buy reprints, so don’t send us anything you’d like to sell later.
Strange Constellations is open to submissions from July 1 to August 31, and again from January 1 to February 28. We’re in the Pacific time zone, though if you miss the deadline by a day or two on either side you’re probably fine. We try to respond to all submissions within two weeks of the close of our submission periods. We respond to all submissions; if you haven’t heard from us within that time, please query us at rmason AT asterismpress DOT com.
- Taking Submissions: TBA Scifi Asexual Romance - February 16, 2018
- WIHM: The First Chapter Of ‘Purgatech: Jess’ Horror’ - February 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Apparition Lit Magazine – April 2018 - February 15, 2018
- WIHM: Unzip Your Darkness - February 15, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Midnight Hour Volume 1 And 2 - February 14, 2018
- WIHM: But I AM a nice girl. - February 14, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Lit Mag - February 13, 2018
- WIHM: How To Horror - February 13, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The First Line – Summer 2018 - February 12, 2018
- WIHM: Horror’s Where My Heart’s At - February 12, 2018