Payment: $20 minimum for fiction, $10 minimum for reprints. The payment structure isn’t overly clear and will depend on the length and their take on how compelling the story is.
Note: Reprints allowed.
Additionally, we may be interested in a piece for an anthology we’ve yet to announce. So accepted work may not be published for over a year.
- We are looking for short stories for one of our 3 monthly anthologies/eZines. General theme is “New Worlds”, Adventure, and Death. With each release having a narrower focus.
- We prefer stories that are at least 5,000 words. But will accept stories that are between 2,500 and 25,000 words.
- We love all types of Fantasy, SciFi, and Horror.
- No erotica. Must be generally acceptable for a 14+ audience.
- No abstract, absurd, or non-conventional narrative styles.
- We are accepting previously published short stories.
- Multiple submissions are fine.
- Manuscripts must be complete and edited.
- We provide payment for an accepted story based on a number of factors.
- Payments are roughly 3 months after acceptance. Check or PayPal.
- We are looking for non-exclusive world-wide rights to sell and distribute digitally.
Via: Mortal Realm.
- Taking Submissions: Cherry Tree - August 23, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Underground Writers Issue #28 - August 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: A Dysfunctional Family Christmas! - August 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: What Monsters Do For Love - August 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Enchanted Conversation – Spooky & Spinetingling Tales October Issue - August 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Nightscape Press Charity Collection Line Short Story Collections - August 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Speculative City - August 20, 2019
- ‘Ration’ Guest Post – It Starts With A Voice - August 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Death and Butterflies - August 19, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 08/18/2019 - August 18, 2019