“I was compensated for this post and this post contains affiliate links. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.”
We’ve all heard about the MasterClass program by now which features some of the greatest in each industry teaching a class with a focus on their specific craft. You may not know that this also pertains to the writing community!
One of the most recent editions is “Neil Gaiman Teaches The Art of Storytelling.” If you like Gaiman’s work or not – it is hard to argue that he is a master wordsmith and world builder and now there is a class you can take to get an insight into his creative process and how it can be applied to your own work.
It features 19 lessons and “In his first-ever online class, Neil Gaiman teaches you how he conjures up new ideas, convincing characters, and vivid fictional worlds.”
Gaiman isn’t the only teacher you can take advantage of here as R.L. Stine has a class which teaches how to write for younger audiences which has 28 lessons to enjoy. In it, “The Goosebumps author teaches you how to generate ideas, outline a plot, and hook young readers from the first page.”
These classes are great for bringing a new level to your own work or is the perfect gift for the author in your life. Most of these classes come in at $90 per course with a MasterClass All-Access Pass at $180 per year if you have the time and dedication to get through more than two it could be worth going this route. The service is always adding more content creators as well which could make this an appealing option if you plan on continuing to use it down the line!
Have you taken a MasterClass program? If so, which one and what did you think of it? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
- Trembling With Fear 05/19/2019 - May 19, 2019
- 10 steps to start writing a book - May 17, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Ricky’s Back Yard – How HORROR-able - May 17, 2019
- Unholy Trinity: The Soul Trilogy - May 17, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: The Mighty Line - May 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: All Dark Places 2 - May 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Fire and Brimstone - May 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Cafe Irreal August 2019 - May 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: NEO-OPSIS - May 15, 2019
- Many Indie Book Stores Are Losing Their Distributor, Here Are New Options For Them! - May 15, 2019