“I was compensated for this post and this post contains affiliate links. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.”
We’ve all heard about the MasterClass program by now which features some of the greatest in each industry teaching a class with a focus on their specific craft. You may not know that this also pertains to the writing community!
One of the most recent editions is “Neil Gaiman Teaches The Art of Storytelling.” If you like Gaiman’s work or not – it is hard to argue that he is a master wordsmith and world builder and now there is a class you can take to get an insight into his creative process and how it can be applied to your own work.
It features 19 lessons and “In his first-ever online class, Neil Gaiman teaches you how he conjures up new ideas, convincing characters, and vivid fictional worlds.”
Gaiman isn’t the only teacher you can take advantage of here as R.L. Stine has a class which teaches how to write for younger audiences which has 28 lessons to enjoy. In it, “The Goosebumps author teaches you how to generate ideas, outline a plot, and hook young readers from the first page.”
These classes are great for bringing a new level to your own work or is the perfect gift for the author in your life. Most of these classes come in at $90 per course with a MasterClass All-Access Pass at $180 per year if you have the time and dedication to get through more than two it could be worth going this route. The service is always adding more content creators as well which could make this an appealing option if you plan on continuing to use it down the line!
Have you taken a MasterClass program? If so, which one and what did you think of it? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
- Ongoing Submissions: Dark Moments - March 22, 2019
- Video Refresh: Story Worms Writing What You Know - March 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Translunar Travelers Lounge - March 21, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Rock and a Hard Place Magazine - March 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Organic Ink: Volume One (Poetry) - March 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Journal of Compressed Creative Arts - March 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Bumper Book of British Bizarro! - March 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Chew on This! - March 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Sherlock Holmes: Adventures in the Realms of Edgar Allan Poe - March 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Dying Earth - March 18, 2019