Deadline: April 1st, 2020
Theme: Body Horror, Creature Features, Gothic, Haunted Houses, Psychological Horror, Slasher Horror, Weird Fiction, Bizarro, and Folk Horror.
Note: UK authors only
Here at The Abominable Book Club we have been wracking our big, beefy brains to come up with a way to support the UK horror scene and its authors more directly. So, starting in 2020, we will be offering an opportunity for authors to become a part of our team and introduce their work to an already ravenous horror audience.
The Accursed Library is dusting off its ancient, cobweb-covered printing press!
We are now taking submissions for original novels/ novellas (25,000 words or more) / or short story collections by UK -based authors, to be produced under our own publication house ‘The Accursed Library’. First printings of these books will be hand-numbered, contain exclusive content and artwork, and will be only available through our box on a specific release month. After that, they will be gone forever! Further printings and e-book versions will be available through the usual channels such as Amazon, and via our own shop.
We will be looking for horror in all its forms, including:
– Body Horror (The Thing, The Fly)
– Creature Features (Jaws, Snakes on a Plane)
– Gothic (Dracula, The Phantom of the Opera)
– Haunted Houses (Haunting of Hill House, The Amityville Horror)
– Psychological Horror (Jacobs Ladder, Se7en)
– Slasher Horror (Friday 13th, Halloween)
– Weird Fiction (i.e HP Lovecraft, Ambrose Bierce)
– Bizarro (i.e Jeff O Brien, Carlton Mellick III)
– Folk Horror (The Wicker Man, Midsommar)
If your work is horror but doesn’t fit in any of the above categories, send it anyway! We want to build a roster of diverse and incredible writing talent, full of familiar and new names, in an attempt to champion the frankly staggering array of talent the UK has to offer.
Here’s how you can submit:
- File must be in a .doc, .docx, or .rtf format.
- 12 point font.
- Double-spaced with .25″ indents and 1″ margins.
- The first page should have author name, an email address, title of your submission, and total word count. Every page should have author name, title, and page number.
How to Submit:
— Email submissions as an attached file to [email protected] using the subject line ‘Submission – [your story title] by [your name]
— Include in the body of your email a brief (3-5 sentence) description of your submission and a briefer (1-2 sentence) description of yourself.
Do’s and Dont’s:
— Only UK based authors currently!
— Simultaneous submissions are fine, but please let us know if they are.
— No incomplete manuscripts
— No paranormal romance or fan fiction.
— No reprints.
— No Queries
Submissions will remain open until April 1st 2020.
Please Note: This is a paid publishing call. You will receive an initial payment when your first printing is made (depending on the volume of copies needed) and subsequent royalties on copies sold via our shop.
We look forward to reading your work!
Please feel free to get in touch on social media or via e-mail if you have any questions!
Via: The Abominable Book Club.