Payment: 30% – 50% share of the net profit.
Voodoo Press accepts unsolicited submissions of apocalyptic or post-apocalyptic, survival horror, traditional horror novels. No reprints or self-published.
Payment: 30% – 50% share of the net profit.
Rights: You are willing to give us your ebook, print & audio rights for a minimum of 5 years
Times New Roman 12pt
Page headers (in the right corner of every page except the title page should include: Author name/Title/Page No.)
Page break between chapters
Please use our Submission Manager Tool
The following informations must be included
1. Your bio
2. Synopsis for your book
We will review your submission and decide if it is something we are interested in. This process can take several weeks depending on how many submissions and how busy the staff is.
Via: Voodoo Press.
$150 advance, plus royalties to be paid every 6 months, plus 10 free copies of the print edition
Dark Park Publishing is currently accepting well-written novels and novellas in all areas of Dark Fiction.
Works can be Horror, Dark Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Western, or Dark Comedy in any genre. What we are looking for, besides an entertaining read, is unique storytelling. Whether it’s a strikingly original premise, a mash-up of genres never done before, or a tale told in an unconventional (but effective) style, if your work presents fresh ideas and a distinctive voice, we’re interested!
Submission Guidelines (please read fully before submitting):
• Complete works should be 25,000+ words for Novellas and 50,000+ words for Novels.
• Work must be written in English.
• Work should be submitted as a Microsoft Word doc/docx. (See details below.*)
• Work must be received in proper manuscript format. See example HERE. (Except, please put only one space after a period, not two.)
• Work must be original to author. Persons submitting must hold copyright to the material, or have legal authority to submit work on behalf of author.
• Work cannot have been previously published in any form or market.
• No simultaneous or multiple submissions.
*Authors wanting to submit their work for consideration should initially send only the FIRST 50 PAGES OF THE WORK (double spaced) as an attachment. In the body of the email, author should provide a brief (1-3 sentences) description of the storyline, and word count of complete work.
Submissions should be emailed to [email protected]
Use “Submission – Title of Your Work – Your Last Name” as your subject line (and don’t forget to attach your work).
Authors of works accepted for publication by Dark Park will receive a $150 advance, plus royalties to be paid every 6 months, plus 10 free copies of the print edition of the book when available.
**Follow @DarkParkPub on Twitter for the latest book updates.
Via: Dark Park Publishing.
APART FROM THE ABOVE EXCEPTIONS, WE ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR NOVEL/NOVELLA/COLLECTION SUBMISSIONS EXCEPT BY INVITATION.
WE ARE WILLING TO LOOK AT AGENTED MANUSCRIPTS IN ALL GENRES LISTED BELOW.
For us, novellas range from 30,000 to 40,000 words. Novels and collections are 40,000 words and above.
We are not looking for anything smaller than this.
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE PAGE, RIGHT TO THE BOTTOM, BEFORE SUBMITTING.
Reprints: Please query.
Please read the entire page before doing anything. Then, read it once more.
What we want:
- Military thrillers, military sci-fi, or military horror
- SHTF, apocalyptic or post-apocalyptic horror (there are too many bad zombie tales out there already, so if you have the shambling (or running) dead in your story, it better be damn good)
- Biological/Creature horror ie. beasties rising up against man, giant creatures devouring cities etc.
- YA in the above genres
- Collections in the above genres
- Memoirs of crime or addiction
- Memoirs of military service or action. We particularly like Special Forces
NOTE: Unique projects will always be considered.
If you have something that is unable to be classified, contact us via the Contact Page
We offer 50% of gross income on all electronic and print sales
Please include a brief ‘hello, this is who I am’ in your email body as a cover letter.
Blank emails with attachments will be deleted.
Pitches MUST be attached as a doc file. DO NOT include in the body of the email.
How to format your pitch:
Your pitch should include the following items in this order:
1. Contact information top left. Total wordcount top right.
2. Title and author name centred
3. Full synopsis; around 400-600 words
4. Author bio
5. Any promotion ability you have, such as website, blog, social media etc. We WILL promote your work, but expect you to do the same.
6. The first three chapters or 10,000 words (whichever comes first) in the same document
- Courier or Times New Roman; 12pt; italics as they will appear. No underlining. MINIMAL FORMATTING.
- Double spaced
- DO NOT use tab or spacing to indent lines. Use ‘styles’ only. If unsure, do not indent at all
- ONE SPACE after periods
- NO LINE between paragraphs unless a line-break is required
Send submissions to: [email protected]cohesionpress.com
Subject line should be: genre_[title]_[surname]
We will respond within 48 hours to acknowledge receipt of your submission.
We will make contact within 2 weeks – at the most – in regard to whether we want to read your novel.
If you haven’t heard back in three weeks from the date of pitch submission, send us an enquiry via [email protected]cohesionpress.com
The subject line of this email should be in the format: pitchenquiry_
Via: Cohesion Press.