Payment: $100 per story
GigaNotoSaurus accepts Science Fiction or Fantasy (or any combination thereof) from five thousand to twenty-five thousand words. We could wax eloquent describing the kinds of stories we like, but it wouldn’t be useful; there are dozens of things we don’t know we like until we try them. Send us that story you really, really believe in–the one, maybe, that quickly ran out of places to submit it to because it’s so long.
We do want a variety of settings, styles, viewpoints, and backgrounds. This includes but is not limited to cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, and genders.
GigaNotoSaurus publishes one story a month. We pay $100 per story on acceptance. We ask for first serial rights and non-exclusive, indefinite archival rights, though the author is welcome at any time to request a story be removed from the archive.
We do not accept simultaneous submissions (stories sent to more than one market at a time), nor do we accept multiple submissions–only send us one story at a time. We do not accept reprints. Your story must be previously unpublished.
To submit, please email your story to [email protected] as an attachment. Please use Standard Manuscript Format, and make the attachment an RTF file. The subject line of your email should read “Submission: [Title]” where [Title] is the title of your story. You should receive a reply within thirty days.* Please do not query before thirty days has passed.
If you wish to include a cover note, the only information we require is your name, the title and length of your story, and your three best publication credits if you have any. (If you don’t, don’t worry about it. Just leave that line off.) Do not include a bio–if we buy your story, we will ask for biographical information. Do not include a summary or description of your story–your work will stand or fall on its own.
*Editor’s Note: As of March 2015, expect a longer response time for novellas (seventeen thousand words and up) — please allow forty-five to sixty days for a reply. Queries for novellas are appreciated after sixty days.
- Ongoing Submissions: Feed Your Monster - September 20, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Antimatter Magazine - September 19, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Enchanted Conversation: A Fairy Tale Magazine - September 18, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 09/17/2017 - September 17, 2017
- Taking Submissions: After The Orange - September 15, 2017
- Taking Submissions: ROAR 9 - September 14, 2017
- Taking Submissions: One Story - September 13, 2017
- Taking Submission: ‘Alien Invasion’ And ‘Endless Apocalypse’ - September 12, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Mad Scientist Journal - September 12, 2017
- ‘Full Bleed’ Is Coming To Kickstarter And Might Be Of Interest To You! - September 12, 2017