Payment: ($10 if payment in USD is required)
Please send all enquiries and submissions to [email protected].
We are looking for works that are introducing a new world, whether it’s space exploration or being transported to an ethereal realm this theme of discovery underpins the ethos of the magazine.
We accept both short stories and poetry.
We are open to submissions of any length, works longer than short story length of approximately 7,500 words may be serialised across several issues.
There will be no submission or reading fee of any kind. Our mission is to find new and exciting voices in the genre, and we don’t want anyone to be put off submitting to us!
Note: We don’t accept reprints. New, original work only please!
We are open to simultaneous submissions, as this is expected in the current market. We do ask that you let us know if your work is published elsewhere after submitting to us, let’s not waste each others time!
We are open to submissions of artwork for use on the cover of the magazine.
Short Fiction – Payment is at a flat rate of £8 ($10 if payment in USD is required) per accepted work of Fiction or Poetry. Payment for serials will be made in line with the number of issues the work is produced in, with a payment of £8 for each.
Artwork – Artwork is paid at £5 for cover art.
Rights, the legal bit
We buy first worldwide rights for text and audio including electronic and print, and non-exclusive anthology rights for future anthologies or themed releases.
Additionally we require rights of exclusivity from the point to acceptance to six months after the published date of the magazine. Upon acceptance, you can request the planned publishing date for the issue, this date is not binding and the actual date of publishing will apply.
For Artwork, we retain worldwide and electronic complete, royalty-free non-exclusive rights for any use pertaining to Zealot Script and Emerging Worlds magazine, this includes promotional material.
Submission to the magazine indicates acceptance of the terms above.
Via: Zealot Script.
- Taking Submissions: Urban Crime - September 24, 2018
- Taking Submissions: American Gothic - September 24, 2018
- Taking Submissions: 2100 A Health Odyssey Contest - September 24, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Zooscape - September 24, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Nanoism - September 24, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 09/23/2018 - September 23, 2018
- The Horror Tree Presents… An Interview with Dean M. Drinkel - September 22, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Black Labyrinth Anthology I : Possession - September 21, 2018
- Video Refresh: Finding Your Identity - September 21, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Speculative City - September 20, 2018