Payment: ($10 if payment in USD is required)
Please send all enquiries and submissions to [email protected].
We are looking for works that are introducing a new world, whether it’s space exploration or being transported to an ethereal realm this theme of discovery underpins the ethos of the magazine.
We accept both short stories and poetry.
We are open to submissions of any length, works longer than short story length of approximately 7,500 words may be serialised across several issues.
There will be no submission or reading fee of any kind. Our mission is to find new and exciting voices in the genre, and we don’t want anyone to be put off submitting to us!
Note: We don’t accept reprints. New, original work only please!
We are open to simultaneous submissions, as this is expected in the current market. We do ask that you let us know if your work is published elsewhere after submitting to us, let’s not waste each others time!
We are open to submissions of artwork for use on the cover of the magazine.
Short Fiction – Payment is at a flat rate of £8 ($10 if payment in USD is required) per accepted work of Fiction or Poetry. Payment for serials will be made in line with the number of issues the work is produced in, with a payment of £8 for each.
Artwork – Artwork is paid at £5 for cover art.
Rights, the legal bit
We buy first worldwide rights for text and audio including electronic and print, and non-exclusive anthology rights for future anthologies or themed releases.
Additionally we require rights of exclusivity from the point to acceptance to six months after the published date of the magazine. Upon acceptance, you can request the planned publishing date for the issue, this date is not binding and the actual date of publishing will apply.
For Artwork, we retain worldwide and electronic complete, royalty-free non-exclusive rights for any use pertaining to Zealot Script and Emerging Worlds magazine, this includes promotional material.
Submission to the magazine indicates acceptance of the terms above.
Via: Zealot Script.
- Ongoing Submissions: Wicked Words Quarterly - July 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Bikers VS The Undead (tentative title) - July 19, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Worlds Without Master - July 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Spoon Knife 4: A Neurodivergent Guide to Spacetime - July 17, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Nightlight Podcast - July 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec November Issue 2018 - July 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Bikes in Space Trans & Nonbinary Edition - July 16, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 07/15/2018 - July 15, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Gathering Storm Magazine - July 13, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Trickster’s Treats – Tales from the Pumpkin Patch #2! - July 13, 2018