- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Vampires, Zombies and Ghosts, oh my!
December 15, 2018
Deadline: December 15th, 2018
Payment: US/CA Authors – $20 USD, or 2 complimentary copies. Non US/CA Authors – $20 USD, or 1 complimentary copy
Smoking Pen Press is issuing a Call for Submissions for a short story anthology.
This will be the next title in the Read on the Run series (See A Step Outside of Normal, A Bit of a Twist, Uncommon Pet Tales and A Wink and a Smile) and the tentative title of this new anthology is Vampires, Zombies and Ghosts. Please note that this is only a tentative title and it is not intended to encompass all possibilities.
We welcome stories involving all types of supernatural beings… and mixing and matching of different types of beings in the same story is acceptable. There is no requirement as to genre; stories can be sci-fi, mystery, romance, adventure, etc. Simultaneous submissions permitted, but please let us know if your submission is accepted elsewhere. Reprints are accepted as long as all rights have reverted to you; please identify your submission as a reprint when you send it in.
The deadline for submission is December 15, 2018. Stories should be between 1200 and 6000 words. Submissions should be polished (ie, not first draft), in Word (.doc or .docx) format and written in English and should be sent to [email protected]. Do not use headers or footers in your manuscript. Use at least a 12 point common font such as Times New Roman.
As with all previous Read on the Run titles, this title will be published in both digital and paperback form. US and Canada authors of stories that are selected will receive their choice of a one-time payment of $20 USD, or 2 complimentary copies of the paperback; non US/Canada authors will receive their choice of a one-time payment of $20 USD, or 1 complimentary copy of the paperback.
For more information you can email us at [email protected]
Via: Smoking Gun Press.
- Story Worms: Finding Your Tribe - January 16, 2019
- Story Worms: You are More Than your Wordcount - November 17, 2018
- Story Worms: Biting the Bullet - July 22, 2017
- Story Worms: What’s the Worth of Permafree? - May 14, 2016
- Ongoing Submissions: Ink Stains - April 8, 2016
- Women in Horror Month Special: Behind the Veil - February 22, 2016
- Women in Horror Month Special: Interview with Eeva Lancaster - February 19, 2016
- Women in Horror Month Special: Interview with Maquel A. Jacob - February 17, 2016
- Story Worms: Who’s Watching You? - December 12, 2015
- Story Worms: Interview with an Editor – Dion Winton-Polak - July 25, 2015