- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: JournalStone And Trepidatio Publishing Are Open To Novels
July 31, 2019
Deadline: July 31st, 2019
- We will be OPEN to submissions from June 1-July 31, 2019. Note: Manuscripts received outside the official submission window will be deleted unread.
Guidelines for all submissions:
- We want horror in all its forms—from literary to weird, Gothic to psychological, and (almost) everything in between. We’re looking for amazing stories from amazing authors, regardless of race, gender, religion—if you’ve got something good, we want it.
- Need a firm idea of what we’re looking for? Check out the JournalStone website. Please do not submit romance, erotica, or religious fiction.
- The title of your email subject line and file name should read: “Submission [type] – [title] – [last name]”. For example: Submission Novel – Carrie – King. This should also be the title of your manuscript document.
- In the body of your email, please give us the word count, genre, and a brief synopsis (300-500 words) of the plot. Submissions without this information will be automatically deleted. Do not include your synopsis as an attachment.
- Submissions should be sent to [email protected]. Attach the full manuscript as a .doc, .docx or .rtf file (no PDFs). Do not paste your manuscript in the body of the email. For proper formatting of your manuscript, please follow the Shunn way.
- Minimum word count for novels and fiction collections: 50,000.
- We consider the quality of the editing in our review process. Please fully proofread and edit manuscripts prior to submission. Do not submit sample chapters or a work in progress. We accept only completed works.
- Allow up to eight months for a response to your submission. We may respond more quickly, but we cannot guarantee timing.
- Please do not send follow up e-mails. We will notify you when we place your work in the queue, and will contact you when we have completed our review.
- Submissions are free. We do not charge any fees to authors. If we approve your submission for publication, we will make the investment in you and your product.
- Please, no multiple submissions, and no previously-published novels. Simultaneous submissions are okay, but let us know that your work has been sent out to other markets, and if it gets accepted elsewhere.
- This goes without saying (or so we thought) but: if you’ve submitted to us before and we declined your manuscript, do not submit it again.
- We offer standard royalty terms.
- We will be reading for both JournalStone and its imprint, Trepidatio Publishing.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!