Payment: 3¢ per word for the first 5000 words, capping at $150. We occasionally accept previously published work for a flat fee of $25
Word Limit: 500-5000 words, Longer stories may be serialized if fit.
Pay Rate: Original stories 3¢ per word for the first 5000 words, capping at $150. We occasionally accept previously published work for a flat fee of $25
Genres: Dark Science fiction, Horror, and Slipstream. Think of the Canyons as a literary Twilight Zone, Night Gallery, or Outer Limits—it’s Netflix’s Black Mirror.
Language: English (Translations are welcome.)
Rights: We claim first world electronic rights (text and audio), first print rights (author must be willing to sign copies) for nine month exclusive, and non-exclusive anthology rights for regularly released and special edition Omnibus anthologies.
Stories must be:
1. Written well.
2. Easily read on-screen.
3. Appropriate for audio.
- Taking Submissions: Arsenika – Winter 2018 Issue - November 20, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Thuggish Itch: Theme Park - November 20, 2018
- Holy Stock Photo Black Friday Deal! - November 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Journal of Compressed Creative Arts - November 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Every Day Fiction January 2019 - November 19, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 11/18/2018 - November 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Bennington Review - November 16, 2018
- Video Refresh: The Crossroads - November 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Oklahoma Pagan Quarterly Spring 2019 - November 15, 2018
- Death’s Head Press Is Open To Novels, Novellas, And Collections! - November 15, 2018