Ongoing Submissions: Poetry Magazine
Payment: $10/line with a minimum honorarium of $300 per poem.
Thank you for sharing your work with Poetry. We look forward to the opportunity to engage carefully with your work. Due to the number of submissions we receive each year, we will likely get back to you within eight months. We appreciate your patience.
Holly Amos, Lindsay Garbutt, Ashley M. Jones, and Fred Sasaki
Call for Submissions – Guest Editor Ashley M. Jones
In my time as guest editor, I’m hoping to share poems that reflect the full landscape of people creating vital poetry—that means poems that are formal, poems that are not formal, audio-based poems that exist in voice before page, multi-discipline poems or collaborative work that exists in body before page, poems written in languages that are not English, poems that stem from academia and poems that don’t. The door is open for those pieces that beg for breath.
How to Submit
Please submit up to 4 poems (up to 10 pages total) for consideration, following these guidelines:
1. Upload your poems in a single document. We welcome poems written in languages other than English.* (If you have audio or video components to your poems, please use the other forms designated for those file types here.)
2. Click SUBMIT, and you’ll receive an email confirming that we received your submission. You can check the status of your submission by logging into your Submittable account.
*For those submitting poems in languages other than English, please also submit a copy of the poem in English. This is needed as an accessibility consideration for our editorial staff, not as an attempt to privilege the English language.
- Please send only one submission at a time per category, and wait until you hear back from us before uploading a new submission. We are eager to provide ample time and space for everyone’s voices to be considered, so if you do send multiple submissions, they will be archived unread and will receive no response.
- Our response time can be up to 8 months. We appreciate your patience–we have a small staff who reads over 150,000 poems per year.
- To make sure you receive our response, set your spam filter to allow emails from [email protected].
- We consider only previously unpublished work. Writing that has appeared online for any reason, including social media posts, is considered to have been previously published and should not be submitted.
- POETRY is open to simultaneous submissions, but let us know immediately if work is accepted elsewhere by adding a note to your submission specifying the work that is no longer available.
- All poets will be compensated for published poems. We pay $10/line with a minimum honorarium of $300 per poem.
- If you have further questions, please visit our detailed FAQ on our website.
Please click the HELP link at the bottom of this page if you have trouble using this site.
If you are unable to use Submittable for any reason, please visit our FAQ page to learn other ways to submit your work.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!