- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: That Ain’t Right: Historical Accounts of the Miskatonic Valley
April 30, 2014
Deadline: April 30th, 2014
Payment: 1 cent per word
This is a collection of stories told by people visiting or living in the Miskatonic Valley. We will be accepting submissions from March 15th through April 30th.
We have two very hard requirements for this:
First, it must be set in the Miskatonic Valley, made popular by H.P. Lovecraft.
Second, it must be told from a first-person point of view.
Horror and fantasy are preferred, but we will consider other genres. Gratuitous sex and violence that doesn’t add to the story is discouraged. We will accept multiple submissions, but not simultaneous submissions. We will not be accepting reprints.
If your story is accepted, we ask that you provide a fictional identity for the narrator, with bio. Authors will still be credited under their own name. Your story will just be listed as: A tale by Steve Whatley, as provided by Joe M. Author.
Stories must be between 500-8,000 words in length. Payment will be 1-cent per word.
- Taking Submissions: The Irregular Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - September 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Detective Fantasy Anthology - September 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Thuggish Itch: Devilish - September 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Enchanted Conversation Magazine October 2018 Issue - September 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Tales From The Moonlit Path Halloween 2018 Issue - September 17, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: The No Sleep Podcast - September 17, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 09/16/2018 - September 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Gravely Unusual #2 - September 14, 2018
- Video Refresh: Andy Graham Interview - September 14, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Colp: Suplex - September 13, 2018