- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: That Ain’t Right: Historical Accounts of the Miskatonic Valley
April 30, 2014
Deadline: April 30th, 2014
Payment: 1 cent per word
This is a collection of stories told by people visiting or living in the Miskatonic Valley. We will be accepting submissions from March 15th through April 30th.
We have two very hard requirements for this:
First, it must be set in the Miskatonic Valley, made popular by H.P. Lovecraft.
Second, it must be told from a first-person point of view.
Horror and fantasy are preferred, but we will consider other genres. Gratuitous sex and violence that doesn’t add to the story is discouraged. We will accept multiple submissions, but not simultaneous submissions. We will not be accepting reprints.
If your story is accepted, we ask that you provide a fictional identity for the narrator, with bio. Authors will still be credited under their own name. Your story will just be listed as: A tale by Steve Whatley, as provided by Joe M. Author.
Stories must be between 500-8,000 words in length. Payment will be 1-cent per word.
- The Unholy Trinity: Barrel - January 18, 2019
- SFWA Is Raising Pro Rate For Short Fiction To Eight Cents Per Word - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Suburban Review #13: LUCK - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Even Furries Hate Nazis - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Tales from the Space Force - January 17, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Historic Heroines - January 16, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: parABnormal Magazine - January 16, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Remain Magazine - January 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec May Issue 2019 - January 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Alternative Apocalypses - January 14, 2019