- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: In the Bloodstream: An Anthology of Dark Fantasy and Horror
September 12, 2013
Deadline: September 12th, 2013
Payment: $10 per story
Mocha Memoirs Press is pleased to announce that a new horror and dark fantasy anthology is now open for submissions. Please read all of the information provided.
Submission Deadline and Publication Schedule:We will remain open for submissions from August 12-September 12, with an expectation that the anthology will be published by October 2.
What We Want
In the Bloodstream will be an open themed dark fantasy and horror anthology of 31 short stories, released as a digital book and as a paperback book. Your submission must contain elements of dark fantasy or horror to be considered. The subject matter is up to you. We want beautiful prose and originality wrapped up in the darkest, creepiest story you’ve ever conceived.
What We Don’t Want
We don’t want slasher horror or splatterpunk for this collection. We will reject any stories that contain rape, and the abuse of minors. Stories featuring well-worn tropes (vampires, zombies, werewolves) will be an extremely hard sell. Violence is fine, but gratuitous gore isn’t. We don’t mind sex if its integral to the plot, but we don’t want an adult-film script. Other than that, use your imagination to make us cringe and tremble.
▪Submit your work to mmphorror(at)gmail(dot)com with Submission: your story title_your last name in the subject line. Attach your story as a DOC, DOCX, or RTF file. Submissions sent in the body of the email will not be read.
▪ We prefer to see submissions using something approaching Standard Manuscript Format, which can be found here: http://www.shunn.net/format/story.html
The only exception is that italics MUST appear as they will be used; no underlining.
- Include a brief cover letter in the body of your email stating your name, pen name (if using one), story title with word count, address, website or blog, and any professional publication credits you think might interest us.
- We will accept works of 1,500-3,500 words. Please query if you wish to submit outside of these guidelines.
- No simultaneous submissions, please. (Meaning: Don’t submit the same story to us and to another market at the same time.)
- Multiple submissions—sending more than one story for consideration—are okay.
If sending more than one story, please send them in separate emails.
Reprints–We’re not accepting reprints for this anthology.
Payment-We will pay a flat $10 per story via Paypal only. Payment will be made within 30 days of publication.
Rights-We are seeking Worldwide English Language rights for 12 months in print and digital formats.
Authors from outside of the United States
We welcome you and will accept American or British English spelling. Please be aware that at this time, we have a largely American readership. Feel free to help us change that.
Submission Deadline and Publication Schedule: We will remain open for submissions from August 12-September 12, with an expectation that the anthology will be published by October 2.
[via: Mocha Memoirs Press.]
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!