- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Dark Passages III: Welcome to Death City
December 15, 2018
Deadline: December 15th, 2018
Payment: $25 and a contributor’s copy
This is the third installment of the indie anthology, Dark Passages.
Theme: Based on the following synopsis:
A stranger carries a bag into Washington, DC, and within minutes of his arrival, unleashes hell on earth. As if pulling a sock inside out, America’s capital becomes the home of every imaginable monster that resides in the bowels of hell. We will look at stories that are set only in this backdrop.
Writers making submissions are encouraged to use their imagination. Entering Death City is entering the bowels of hell on earth and all stories must take place during or in the aftermath of the above synopsis. We want original fiction. Not another vampire or zombie tale. We don’t want a clone of Richard Matheson’s, I AM LEGEND, or a THE WALKING DEAD reboot. We want dystopian with originality.
Maybe a rescue mission from the outside?
What happened to Air Force One when it all broke loose?
Who rules Death City? (Formerly Washington DC)
What creatures lurk in the many districts?
What about someone caught behind the lines, trying to get out?
Give us your best. School us in the art of demonology and rapture. Or bring something new and delicious to the table.
- The Unholy Trinity: Barrel - January 18, 2019
- SFWA Is Raising Pro Rate For Short Fiction To Eight Cents Per Word - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Suburban Review #13: LUCK - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Even Furries Hate Nazis - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Tales from the Space Force - January 17, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Historic Heroines - January 16, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: parABnormal Magazine - January 16, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Remain Magazine - January 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec May Issue 2019 - January 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Alternative Apocalypses - January 14, 2019