- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Breaking Rules Horror Magazine
Deadline: October 15th, 2019
Payment: 2 cents per word
Breaking Rules Publishing’s Online And Hard Copy Magazine Comes Out Monthly.
The deadline for the first issue of Horror is October 15th. Send your submissions to [email protected]
The Scribe, Triangle Writers and Horror – are 100 – 150 page magazines that feature articles and tools to assist in the success of the writers and readers that subscribe. It also offers writers, published authors and young writers the opportunity to share their work, promote their novels, short stories or poetry. To submit your short story or poems to The Scribe – please email us at [email protected]
The submission deadline for The Scribe are always by the 15th of the prior month.
The submission deadline for the next issue of Horror – will be Oct 15th with a release date of Oct 31st.
The deadlines for the Triangle Writers Magazine will always be the 15th of the month before release. The first issue will be released on Nov 1st. Here’s a hint – the deadline for the first issue is Oct 15th. Send all of your submissions to [email protected]
The Scribe, Triangle Writers and Horror are available online as well in hard copy. They are sent out to all of our subscribers as well as placed in various locations throughout the country. We also share The Scribe, Triangle Writers and Horror and our advertisers on our social media sites.
For information about advertising and pricing for The Scribe, Triangle Writers and Horror, please look below. If you are interested in placing an ad please email us at [email protected] or use the link below to make your purchase now.
All of the artwork on the front covers of The Scribe Magazine is created by artist David Rule – created.rule
All of the artwork for the front covers of Triangle Writers will be done by LGBT artists.
(Includes – up to 5,500 words, artwork for the story and an author photo if desired)
To submit your short story to The Scribe – please email us at [email protected]
To submit your short story to Horror – please email us at [email protected]
To submit your short story to Triangle Writers – please email us at [email protected]
(Includes – up to 300 words, artwork for the poem and author photo if desired)
To submit your poems to The Scribe – please email us at [email protected]
To submit your poems to Horror – please email us at [email protected]
To submit your poems to Triangle Writers – please email us at [email protected]
– All short stories and poems for THE SCRIBE and HORROR Magazines must be submitted as an attachment in “Word” form and emailed to – [email protected]
– Submissions to TRIANGLE WRITERS Magazine must be submitted as an attachment in “Word” form and emailed to [email protected].
– Your subject line should include which magazine you are submitting to, as well as indicating whether it is poetry or a short story.
– Your edited entry must be original, in English, and not accepted by any other publisher at the time of submission. Simultaneous submissions are accepted; however, we ask that you contact us if it’s accepted elsewhere.
– Previously published works will be considered advertisement – we will ask you to purchase an authors promo package for $50 – you will receive (your cover – authors photo – blurb – website and social media sites – we will also post a portion of your story for promotional purposes.) No payment will be made for previously published works. We will also require a release from you and the publisher of the work.
– All entries must be formatted to 8 ½ x 11. Stories should be properly indented and single-spaced with no special margins placed on the piece. Poetry single-spaced.
– Short stories should be no more than 5500 words, excluding title. Payment is $.02 per word up to 5500 words per accepted published story. Accepted stories beyond the word count will only be paid for the 5500 words.
– Poetry should be no more than 300 words, excluding title. Payment is $10 per accepted published piece.
– If your piece is not selected for the current issue – we may ask that you either edit and rework your piece or allow us to hold it for the next issue.
– Each piece submitted must fit the theme and focus of the magazine.
The Scribe is an all genre magazine.
Horror is a magazine focused on the genres of horror/paranormal/thriller.
Triangle Writers is focused on LGBT writers or stories and poetry in the LGBT genre. (It is not required that you are LGBT)
*If your short story is accepted for publication in any issue of any of our magazines, you may be asked for an Author Byline and a piece of artwork such as a picture that compliments your story.
Please email us at [email protected] if you’re interested in purchasing an ad.
- Taking Submissions: The Audient Void: A Journal of Weird Fiction and Dark Fantasy - October 18, 2019
- Guest Post: Embracing Failure: The Requirements of Growth - October 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Clockhouse - October 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Colp: Black & Grey - October 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Great Weather For Media - October 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec February Issue 2020 - October 16, 2019
- We’ve Partnered With Commaful For A Halloween Story Contest - October 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Fiyah – Unthemed Issue - October 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Brave New Girls - October 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Best New True Crime Stories: Small Towns - October 14, 2019