Deadline: August 25th, 2017
Payment: One half-cent per word, with a minimum payment of $5.00 and a maximum of $15.00.
Estimated to come out in November.
Word Count: 500-10,500
Theme: Autumn is a beautiful and magical time, and yet many times it is the most neglected. You hear of the wonder of Winter, the beauty of Spring, and the joy of Summer, well, this time we want to hear about Autumn. It is a time of death and rebirth. As the trees loose their leaves in one last explosion of color before the stark paleness of Winter, waiting to return again like a pheonix, what becomes of the world around them, both seen and unseen? What lurks benaeth the harvest moon? What only comes out when the world is fading and the Earth itself holds its breath, waiting for the first snow to fall? Fairies? Monsters? Witches? What adventures wait in this magical in-between? We can’t wait to find out!
We are primarily wanting fantasy and dark fantasy settings focusing on an Autumn theme. While we will consider modern/futuristic stories, we want the focus to be on the nature of Autumn and magic/fantasy elements inspired by it.
ALWAYS READ THE FULL THEMES AND GUIDELINES WHEN SUBMITTING.
PIECES THAT FAIL TO MEET THE GUIDELINES/THEME WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
Response Time: Please allow up to one month. After that, if you don’t hear from us then feel free to give us a little nudge.
Payment: Payment will be one half-cent per word, with a minimum payment of $5.00 and a maximum of $15.00. Payments will be made by PayPal in USD. Payments will go out no later than four months after the publication date.
Editing: Yes, your story will be edited if we decide to accept it. After we go through and edit your story, it will then be sent back to you for final approval. In some cases, we may ask for revisions to be made.
Reprints, Multiple & Simultaneous Submissions: Yes. Payment for reprints is a maximum of $10.
SEND A SEPARATE EMAIL FOR EACH SUBMISSION. MULTIPLE SUBMISSIONS SENT IN ONE EMAIL MAY BE DISCARDED WITHOUT BEING READ.
Guidelines for Submissions:
- All submissions are to be sent to [email protected]
- In the subject line please type AUTUMN ANTHOLOGY SUBMISSION: [Your Story Title Here].
- In the body of your email, please include your name and word count. If the story is under 2,000 words, please paste the text in the body of the email, otherwise please attach it.
We will list all published authors on our site. Once you have a story accepted for publication, we will post a little author bio up on our site with a list of all published pieces (published by FDM).
Via: Fantasia Divinity Magazine.
- Taking Submissions: Spoon Knife 4: A Neurodivergent Guide to Spacetime - July 17, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Nightlight Podcast - July 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec November Issue 2018 - July 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Bikes in Space Trans & Nonbinary Edition - July 16, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 07/15/2018 - July 15, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Gathering Storm Magazine - July 13, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Trickster’s Treats – Tales from the Pumpkin Patch #2! - July 13, 2018
- The Importance Of The Author Homepage - July 13, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Not Just A Pretty Face - July 12, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Twilight Madhouse Volume 4 - July 12, 2018