- This event has passed.
Apex Book Company Is Open To Novel And Novella Submissions!
Deadline: January 1st-31st, 2018
Payment: Advance and Royalties
Apex Book Company will be holding open novel and novella submissions from January 1st to January 31st, 2018. Anything sent outside of this time period will be deleted unread.
We will consider novellas in length of 30,000 to 40,000 words and novels in length up to 120,000 words, and are particularly looking for novels that fit within the dark sci-fi category. Dark fantasy and horror submissions are also welcome.
A literary agent is not required for submission. We may take up to three months or more to review your manuscript. Simultaneous submissions are okay. We will only accept one submission per author.
We only accept email submissions to [email protected].
When submitting, the subject line should read: NOVEL SUBMISSION: <Title> by <Author Name>.
In your submission packet, attach your entire manuscript and a synopsis no more than one page in length.
The body of your email should be a cover letter.
In the upper right hand corner of the first page of your manuscript there should be your name, address, phone number, and manuscript word count.
Apex publishes 6-10 books a year. We offer an advance and standard royalty terms.
Apex requests First English language trade paperback and eBook rights, as well as audio rights and certain subsidiary rights.
Via: Apex Books.
- Taking Submissions: Silver Needle Press Fall 2018 Journal - April 24, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Deductions, Delinquents, And Detectives - April 23, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Sword & Sorceress 33 - April 23, 2018
- 5 Ongoing Spots To Submit Children’s Short Stories! - April 23, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 04/22/2018 - April 22, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Dread: A Furry Horror Mag - April 20, 2018
- Guest Post: Writing Horror - April 20, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Slice #24: Time - April 19, 2018
- Eraserhead Press & Deadite Press Are Open To Novels And Novellas - April 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Working Zealot’s Guide to Gaining Capital in Pre-Apocalyptic America - April 18, 2018