Deadline: December 21st, 2021
Payment: 1 cent per word
Theme: Adventure, detection and mystery, fantasy, horror and the supernatural, and science fiction
JOURN-E: THE JOURNAL OF IMAGINATIVE LITERATURETM
- FIRST OF ALL: READ ALL OF THE GUIDELINES BELOW BEFORE SUBMITTING. COMPLY WITH ALL OF THEM WHEN SUBMITTING.
- ONLY PREVIOUSLY UNPUBLISHED WORK will be considered.
- SIMULTANEOUS SUBMISSIONS ARE ALLOWABLE, but if the work is accepted by another publication, it is expected that the author/poet/artist will immediately contact JOURN-E about the acceptance by another publishing entity. Failure to do so will result in no further acceptance of material for JOURN-E.
- First World Publication Rights (both online and in print) are expected. With the acknowledgement that the online version will remain available for the life of the publication in its archive of issues. Reprint/Republication rights will be re-negotiated in the event of a “Best Of” future print and/or online publication. All other rights revert to the creator of the work.
- WORD COUNT RANGES: We are looking for SHORT FICTION in the general range between 3000 to 7000 words, with the median of 5000. We are looking for SCHOLARLY NON-FICTION ARTICLES OF LITERARY CRITICISM relevant to the genres covered in a general range of from 2500 to 5000 words, with a median of 3750. We are looking for REVIEWS relevant to the genres covered in a range from 500 to 2000 words, with a median of 1250. We are looking for POETRY of between 3 and 210 lines (the length of a “Wreath of Sonnets”) with the preference in the case of longer poems for narrative and descriptive poetry over personal, especially introspective, lyric.
- NOTE: A little leeway might be granted either below or above the abovelisted parameters.