Deadline: February 24th, 2020
Theme: Your work MUST also contain elements of the natural world. (Not fans of genre heavy work.)
NOW ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS
THROUGH FEBRUARY 24TH
FOR ISSUE FOUR: EQUINOX
We look forward to surprising and evocative interpretations of this theme!
NEW: Submissions are now initially read BLIND.
Please do not include your name anywhere in your uploaded file.
Please familiarize yourself with Claw & Blossom’s About page to get an idea of the type of work we seek. (For instance: your work MUST contain elements of the natural world.)
For more detailed information on our submission hopes-and-dreams, it’s also a good idea to check out our interview at the Six Questions blog.
For POEMS, send one poem per submission. We are partial to free verse and NOT keen on publishing traditional forms (haiku, haibun, sonnet, rhymed couplets, etc.).
For PROSE, send up to 1,000 words. This can be one piece or linked micros. Feel free to send what moves you, but it’s safe to say we are not big fans of gore/thriller/slasher stories, or romance/erotica. Genre work that comes our way will probably be a tough sell.
We do not consider multiple submissions. We ask that you wait for a response before submitting a new piece.
We do not consider unsolicited submissions of previously-published work.
We encourage simultaneous submissions. Should your work be accepted elsewhere while under consideration with Claw & Blossom, please withdraw the piece from us as soon as possible by using the Withdraw option in Submittable.
There is no submission fee.
We pay $25 USD per acceptance upon publication via PayPal. (Linked micros are considered one acceptance.)
By submitting your work to Claw & Blossom for consideration, it is understood that you understand and accept the following terms:
- That you have actually read our About page, as well as perused some earlier Issues, so that you are not sending us work that (though undoubtedly lovely, or exciting and filled with All the Things) is nonetheless wholly incompatible with our aesthetic (thus making our hair fall out in clumps).
- That the work you send Claw & Blossom is of your own making and has not been plagiarized in whole or in part.
- That Claw & Blossom are purchasing the rights to publish your work on our website and to archive that work in our Issues archive.
If your work published with Claw & Blossom is later reprinted elsewhere, we would appreciate acknowledgement of first publication.
Via: Claw & Blossom.
- WIHM: Lizzie Borden – Misunderstood Orphan Or Criminal Mastermind? - February 22, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Horror USA: Nevada - February 21, 2020
- Ongoing Submissions: Cosmic Horror Monthly - February 20, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Corners of the World - February 20, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Disturbia - February 19, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Every Day Fiction – April 2020 Themes - February 19, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Historic Fantasy - February 18, 2020
- WIHM: Just Sit Down and Bleed: On Writing Female and Diverse Characters - February 18, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Worst Laid Plans: An Anthology of Vacation Horror - February 18, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Acethetic - February 17, 2020