- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: The Macabre Museum
August 31, 2019
Deadline: August 31st, 2019
Payment: $25 for fiction, $5 per poem
WHAT WE WANT:
1) Dark, literary fiction between 3,000 and 7,000 words. Think Jackson, Ligotti, Barker, think the films of Polanski (especially the Apartment Trilogy), think of Cronenberg. For inspiration purposes, not imitation. Give us something new, but with the haunting flavor of the artists listed above. Submit as an .docx or .doc only.
Pay: $25 via Paypal for each accepted story.
2) Twisted Poetry. POEMS SHOULD WALK ON THE DARK SIDE. Submit only 3 poems at a time, in a single document, either .docx or .doc
Pay: $5 via Paypal per accepted poem.
3) Chilling Art. Surprise us with your depravity. Submit no more than 1 piece at a time, either as an .jpg, or .png.
Pay: $10 via Paypal per accepted piece.
-With each submission, please submit a cover letter with the title of your piece(s) and word count (if fiction), as well as a third person bio of no more than four sentences.
–Simultaneous submissions are fine, but please let me know right away if your work is accepted elsewhere.
–No multiple submissions (except poetry, in a single email – see above).
–Please allow 45 days for a decision to be made. After that, feel free to query about your work. Does not apply to $5 Tier Patreon supporters. Those submissions will be put into a priority queue and decided on within 14 days (be sure to mention your Patreon support in the submission email).
-Subject line of submission email should read: SUBMISSION / category of submission (fiction, poetry, art) / Last name, First Name.
– Fiction and poetry should be single-spaced. No odd formatting unless absolutely essential to presentation of work.
-All submission should be emailed to [email protected]
– Please wait until a decision has been made on your submission for each category before submitting again.
– No reprints accepted at this time.
-By submitting, you are confirming that your work is your own and does not violate any copyright laws.
All rights revert back to the creator upon publication, but please credit Macabre Museum. We do reserve the right to archive each published issue in “THE MUSEUM” section on the website for an indefinite period of time.
Via: The Macabre Museum.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!