- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: The Fiends In The Furrows II
Deadline: January 7th, 2020
Payment: .04 per word
Folk Horror continues to stalk sunlit fields and shadowed groves with its grafting of the mundane and the sublime. The pervasive themes of isolation, paranoia, depravity, loss of individuality, and rustic madness captivate and terrify audiences.
Nosetouch Press is pleased to conjure up FIENDS IN THE FURROWS II: More Tales of Folk Horror, a call for submissions for Folk Horror from around the world—from Britain and Ireland, to continental Europe, to North and South America, Africa, and Asia.
We encourage writers to continue to explore the wilderness of Folk Horror, while honoring the elemental essence of this subgenre’s tangled, grasping roots.
SEND YOUR BEST ORIGINAL FOLK HORROR STORIES OF 4,000 TO 8,000 WORDS. SUBMISSIONS THAT ARE CHOSEN WILL BE PAID $.04 A WORD. NO POEMS OR REPRINTS, PLEASE.
Email entries to [email protected] .doc or .rtf format • Please state “FIENDS 2” in the subject line.
SUBMISSION PERIOD: NOVEMBER 1, 2019–JANUARY 7, 2020
Via: Nose Touch Press.
- Taking Submissions: Untitled Local Oddities Cemetery Gates Anthology - January 23, 2020
- Taking Submissions: A Monster Told Me Bedtime Stories - January 23, 2020
- Taking Submissions: One Story - January 22, 2020
- Ongoing Submissions: Public Domain Fanzine - January 22, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Best Vegan SFF of the year (Reprints Only) - January 21, 2020
- Ongoing Submissions: Infinite Worlds Magazine - January 21, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Guardians of Time - January 20, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Horror USA: Alaska - January 20, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Twenty Twenty - January 17, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Deep Magic – Short Stories, Novelettes, And Novellas - January 16, 2020