- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: The Edge: Infinite Darkness
May 31, 2017
Deadline: May 1st, 2017
Payment: 1 cent a word
Submissions for the horror collection THE EDGE: INFINITE DARKNESS, the second book in The Edge series, are now open. Submissions should be sent to [email protected]
Send your story as a message, not an attachment, and include a short bio about yourself above the story so we can get to know you.
Format your submission title as: “Darkness Submission – Title – Author Name”. Please edit your story before sending it because if I can’t read it, I won’t. (NO REPRINTS – NO REPRINTS – NO REPRINTS)
Pay: 1 cent a word (7,000 words = $70 = 0.01 x 7,000)
Requirements: 500-7,000 words a story – multiple submissions are allowed within reason, spam is not allowed. My only rule vs multiple submissions is more of a warning than a rule. If I don’t like the first submission, then I can’t promise I will read the following submissions.
Timeline: Submissions will be viewed until either May 1st or the book reaches its goal length, whichever comes first. That is, unless the stories received are unsatisfactory and I’m forced to leave submissions open longer, but let’s hope that’s not the case.
This collection is the embodiment of Darkness. There is no direct theme in terms of “ghost”, or “monsters”, or anything like that. What darkness can you bring forth that is hidden from the world? A darkness that perhaps exists in the woods, or your basement, or in the back of someone’s mind. Take the reader by the throat and drag their struggling body into the confines of this darkness and make them beg for their own sanity that you let them go.
Dark. Twisted. Sick. Perhaps psychological. Write something that would make the school psychologist call you in for questioning. Write something that would make a little kid afraid to close their door at night and their parents even more so. Write something that sends the readers mind into a spiral straight down into the darkness.
Any questions, feel free to contact me at:https://www.facebook.com/
Via: Patrick Reuman.
- Taking Submissions: Alchemy and Artifacts (Tesseracts Twenty-Two) - January 23, 2018
- ‘Still Dark’ Blog Tour – The Most Important Class I Ever Took - January 23, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Temporal Fractures: [Mis]Adventures in Time - January 22, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Schlock! Horror! - January 22, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 01/21/2018 - January 21, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Lost Souls and Robots & Artificial Intelligence - January 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Internet is Where the Robots Live Now Anthology - January 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Nefariam: The Element of Crime - January 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: She’s Lost Control - January 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: City In The Ice - January 17, 2018