- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Tales From The Moonlit Path Halloween 2018 Issue
October 25, 2018
Deadline: October 25th, 2018
Tales from the Moonlit Path publishes dark, eerie, speculative stories. Horror is not a necessary element, although fiction should contain some aspect of the weak, frail, changeable human condition.
Gore and explicit sex for the sake of visceral shock will not find a home here, though we are not opposed to it in general, if it belongs in the story.
We are interested in character-driven stories more so than plot-driven, and we prefer dark fiction that makes us think, makes us feel, wraps us in its well-spun dream.
Although we would love to publish fiction longer than 2,000 words, it is our experience that reading stories longer than that on a monitor can be tiresome and hard on the eyes. So please, fiction must be no longer than 2,000 words.
Please include a short cover letter with your story, with your name, email address, word count and bio if we choose to publish your work. We accept email submissions only at [email protected] WE DO NOT ACCEPT ATTACHMENTS. Please submit your story embedded within the email, with this format in the subject line: Your last name: Fiction-submission.
For poetry guidelines, please submit them to: [email protected] and embed the poetry in the body of the email. Please only submit 3-5 poems at a time. Please format your subject line: Your last name: Poetry-submission. For full poetry guidelines, please click here.
For article or movie/book review guidelines, please submit to: [email protected] and embed the article in the body of the email. Articles and movie reviews should be no longer than 2,000 words. Please format your subject line: Your last name: Article-submission.
We offer $10 for every published story.
Please allow one month before querying about your submission. Simultaneous submissions are welcomed (and encouraged, you have to get your work out there, right?) just kindly let us know if your story has been accepted elsewhere so we can remove it from consideration. You also may enter two separate stories for submission to Tales at the same time or while one is still being considered.
We ask for first electronic rights, reprint or second rights.
We look forward to reading your work and sharing it with the world!
Deadline for submissions for Halloween 2018 issue is October 25, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Sherlock Holmes and the Occult Detectives - February 21, 2019
- WIHM: A World Without Horror - February 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Reach For The Sky - February 21, 2019
- WIHM: Plant Horror – Or That Impressive Hogweed Is NOT Harmless! - February 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Predators In Petticoats - February 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Oklahoma Pagan Quarterly Summer 2019 - February 20, 2019
- WIHM: Channeling Character Development Through Acting - February 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions SubTerrain #83 - February 19, 2019
- WIHM: Scores for Horrors: The Underappreciated Queen of Hammer and Amicus Horror - February 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Once and Future Moon - February 19, 2019