- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Sleeping Cat Books Anthology
December 31, 2011
Sleeping Cat Books Anthology
Deadline: December 31st 2011
Payment: Exposure Only
Submissions are now open for the Sleeping Cat Books anthology to be published in the spring of 2012. This anthology will be a black and white paperback, and may include essays, short fiction, poetry, B&W photography, or B&W graphic images. We will consider any genre, as long as the submission relates to or typifies the theme and cover artwork. We’re looking for submissions that clearly portray the tension of an approaching storm, whether actual or metaphorical. No pornographic content, or any material that would not make it into a rated R movie.
Please include a bio paragraph written in third person in the cover letter of your submission. Submissions will only be accepted through the button below.
Fiction/essays should be no more than 5,000 words.
Photos/images will be printed full page (full bleed) and must be exactly 5.125″ by 8.25″, at least 300 dpi, and may be either landscape or portrait. Keep in mind that the left side of a portrait image or the top of a landscape image will run completely into the binding of the book and should not contain critical elements of the image.
Deadline for submission: 31 December 2011
Theme: The Storm is Coming (cover below)
Submission fee: Free (this anthology is separate from the services offered to authors by Sleeping Cat Books, and contributors will not incur any charges for contributing to this anthology)
Contributor compensation: Those whose work is chosen for inclusion will receive one complimentary copy of the anthology, and will also be eligible to purchase up to 10 copies at production cost plus S&H, rather than retail.
[via: Sleeping Cat Books.]
- Taking Submissions: From A Cat’s Point Of View - November 23, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Shhhh… Murder! - November 22, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Piece by Piece: An Anti Valentine’s Day anthology - November 21, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Cenorot - November 20, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 11/19/2017 - November 19, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Apparition Lit Magazine – January 2018 - November 18, 2017
- Taking Submissions: We Shall Be Monsters: Frankenstein Two Centuries On - November 17, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Hell’s Empire - November 16, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Sanctuary - November 15, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Allegory Volume 33/60 - November 14, 2017