- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Sleeping Cat Books Anthology
December 31, 2011
Sleeping Cat Books Anthology
Deadline: December 31st 2011
Payment: Exposure Only
Submissions are now open for the Sleeping Cat Books anthology to be published in the spring of 2012. This anthology will be a black and white paperback, and may include essays, short fiction, poetry, B&W photography, or B&W graphic images. We will consider any genre, as long as the submission relates to or typifies the theme and cover artwork. We’re looking for submissions that clearly portray the tension of an approaching storm, whether actual or metaphorical. No pornographic content, or any material that would not make it into a rated R movie.
Please include a bio paragraph written in third person in the cover letter of your submission. Submissions will only be accepted through the button below.
Fiction/essays should be no more than 5,000 words.
Photos/images will be printed full page (full bleed) and must be exactly 5.125″ by 8.25″, at least 300 dpi, and may be either landscape or portrait. Keep in mind that the left side of a portrait image or the top of a landscape image will run completely into the binding of the book and should not contain critical elements of the image.
Deadline for submission: 31 December 2011
Theme: The Storm is Coming (cover below)
Submission fee: Free (this anthology is separate from the services offered to authors by Sleeping Cat Books, and contributors will not incur any charges for contributing to this anthology)
Contributor compensation: Those whose work is chosen for inclusion will receive one complimentary copy of the anthology, and will also be eligible to purchase up to 10 copies at production cost plus S&H, rather than retail.
[via: Sleeping Cat Books.]
- Taking Submissions: Welcome To Pacific City - September 22, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Feed Your Monster - September 20, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Antimatter Magazine - September 19, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Enchanted Conversation: A Fairy Tale Magazine - September 18, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 09/17/2017 - September 17, 2017
- Taking Submissions: After The Orange - September 15, 2017
- Taking Submissions: ROAR 9 - September 14, 2017
- Taking Submissions: One Story - September 13, 2017
- Taking Submission: ‘Alien Invasion’ And ‘Endless Apocalypse’ - September 12, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Mad Scientist Journal - September 12, 2017