- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Monsters Out of the Closet Remaining Year II Episodes
January 30, 2019
Deadline: January 30th, 2019
Payment: $0.01/word for previously published pieces, and $0.02/word for first run. All pieces under 500 words or 5 minutes are compensated at a $5 flat rate.
Note: Reprints welcome.
Note: LGBTQ+ authors only.
Submissions of fiction, poetry, music, art, and more are typically accepted on a rolling basis. We are seeking just a few more submissions for Year 2, for which themes are listed below. Submissions for the remainder of Year 2 will close January 30, 2019. We will reopen submissions for Year 3 in Spring 2019.
Submissions are compensated at $0.01/word for previously published pieces, and $0.02/word for first run. Music is compensated at $1/minute for previous released tracks, and $2/minute for music released through us. All pieces under 500 words or 5 minutes are compensated at a $5 flat rate.
We consider all piece lengths, but generally have difficulty accepting pieces over 20 pages long or under a page. No ableist, racist, transphobic, homophobic, sexist or otherwise oppressive work will be accepted. Lastly, we only accept work by self-identified LGBTQ+ artists! Thank you!
To submit content:
Fill out the following form HERE to submit content to us. Please specify if you are submitting for a specific episode and whether you would like editorial feedback!
To read/act for us:
If you would like to be a volunteer reader or voice actor, please fill out this form HERE. We will follow up via email to collect further information for our directory.
Episode 20 – Grave
Meet us by the old cemetery at midnight… Face your mortality upon the ground where mortals may fear to tread.
Episode 23 – Vengeance
Vengeance is ours! Empower yourself. Exact ruthless justice this month.
Episode 25 – Halloween III
Our annual Halloween tribute episode returns once more! All pieces are welcome regardless of theme.
- Taking Submissions: Horror USA: Nevada - February 21, 2020
- Ongoing Submissions: Cosmic Horror Monthly - February 20, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Corners of the World - February 20, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Disturbia - February 19, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Every Day Fiction – April 2020 Themes - February 19, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Historic Fantasy - February 18, 2020
- WIHM: Just Sit Down and Bleed: On Writing Female and Diverse Characters - February 18, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Worst Laid Plans: An Anthology of Vacation Horror - February 18, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Acethetic - February 17, 2020
- WIHM: Redefining the Horror Genre - February 17, 2020