- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Last Girls Club Summer Issue 2022 (Early)
Submission Window: April 1st – May 1st, 2022
Payment: Short Story-2,500 words or less. $0.01 USD per word/$25 USD max, Poems-less than 200 words $10, Flash Fiction-less than a 1,000 words $0.01 USD per word/$10 USD max
Theme: Sex works: Exposed, Exploited, and Missing
The Summer 2022 Issue’s theme is SEX WORKERS: EXPOSED, EXPLOITED, AND MISSING. This theme’s focus is autonomy, legalization, and equal protection under the law. It is not sex focused, but lifestyle focused. LGC is sex positive and wishes to explore the possibilities of sacred prostitution and social acceptance of a profession that has existed since humans began. All submissions through Duotrope link above. Acceptances will be notified on May 15.
The Last Girls Club Magazine is a quarterly feminist horror magazine that publishes international short stories and poems from the female gaze. It is an homage to the scary comics and zines of the late 20th century. Please check on the website for the theme in detail.
- Submissions will be accepted from Jan 1-Feb 1, April 1-May 1, July 1-Aug 1, Oct 1-Nov 1.
- Final notifications will be Feb 15, May 15, Aug 15, Nov 15.
- No more than two fiction stories per author per submission period.
- Fiction is limited to 2,500 words or less.
- Flash fiction must be under 1,000 words, no more than two from an author.
- No more than three poems per poet.
- Poems are limited to 200 words or less for each poem.
- I prefer to use PayPal to pay authors, but will work with authors where PayPal is not available.
- Nonfiction columns will must be pitched to editor in chief before submission. Email your idea to [email protected]
Submit at the link below:
Via: Last Girls Club Duotrope.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!