- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: How The West Was Wicked
March 31, 2011
How The West Was Wicked
DEADLINE: March 31st, 2011
PAYMENT: ¼¢ per word, and if 5001+ words 1 contributor copy
Edited by Jessy Marie Roberts
SUBMISSIONS DEADLINE: 31 MARCH 2011
How the West Was Wicked is an anthology of WEIRD WESTERN fiction with dark overtones and elements of horror; Let the imagination go crazy. Think little haunted houses on the prairie, demonic gunslingers, creatures unearthed while panning for gold, vampire brothels, vengeful Indian spirits such as the Wendigo, etc.—a complete dark & weird free for all in an old west setting.
The central ingredients should be:
1) Takes place in the American Old West (Wild West)
2) Has a dark, horror element
3) Is weird, disturbing and/or unsettling
Expected response time is under THREE months (please query if you have not received a response within 90 days). We regret that, due to the volume of submissions, we are unable to give personal criticism.
No reprints, no multiple submissions, no simultaneous submissions.
Word count should be approximately 1,500-15,000 words
5,000 words & under –
¼¢ per word, payable upon publication; no contributor’s copy
5,001 words & above –
¼¢ per word, payable upon publication; one contributor’s copy
[via: Pill Hill Press.]
- Taking Submissions: AE Micro: Stars - December 12, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Corvid Queen - December 12, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Blood Orange - December 11, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Slay - December 10, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Silk & Steel: An Adventure Anthology of Queer Ladies - December 10, 2019
- Ten Tales of a Dark Tomorrow Blog Tour: Kevin Kuhn on Writing Short Stories - December 10, 2019
- MasterClass Presents… David Sedaris Teaches Storytelling and Humor - December 9, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Triangulation: Extinction - December 9, 2019
- 10 Awesome Christmas Gifts For Authors – 2019 Edition - December 6, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Well Said, O Sheriff - December 6, 2019