- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: How The West Was Wicked
March 31, 2011
How The West Was Wicked
DEADLINE: March 31st, 2011
PAYMENT: ¼¢ per word, and if 5001+ words 1 contributor copy
Edited by Jessy Marie Roberts
SUBMISSIONS DEADLINE: 31 MARCH 2011
How the West Was Wicked is an anthology of WEIRD WESTERN fiction with dark overtones and elements of horror; Let the imagination go crazy. Think little haunted houses on the prairie, demonic gunslingers, creatures unearthed while panning for gold, vampire brothels, vengeful Indian spirits such as the Wendigo, etc.—a complete dark & weird free for all in an old west setting.
The central ingredients should be:
1) Takes place in the American Old West (Wild West)
2) Has a dark, horror element
3) Is weird, disturbing and/or unsettling
Expected response time is under THREE months (please query if you have not received a response within 90 days). We regret that, due to the volume of submissions, we are unable to give personal criticism.
No reprints, no multiple submissions, no simultaneous submissions.
Word count should be approximately 1,500-15,000 words
5,000 words & under –
¼¢ per word, payable upon publication; no contributor’s copy
5,001 words & above –
¼¢ per word, payable upon publication; one contributor’s copy
[via: Pill Hill Press.]
- Trembling With Fear 08/18/2019 - August 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Vestal Review – Web Edition - August 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: An Untitled Stormy Island Publishing Anthology - August 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Apparition Lit Magazine Issue 8: Euphoria (Short Window!) - August 15, 2019
- Trajan’s Arch Blog Tour – On Mythic Fiction - August 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Body & Blood - August 14, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: We Will Remember Freedom - August 14, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: The Bronzeville Bee - August 13, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Blue Route #23 - August 13, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Pulp Horror Phobias Volume 2 - August 12, 2019