- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Horror Bites Magazine
Deadline: June 15th, 2018.
Payment: $0.0025 per word.
Note: Reprints Allowed
’Horror Bites Magazine,’ is looking for authors for our 2018, August to December run. We’re all about broadening the platform of small name horror authors and exposing new authors to the up-and-coming writers of the horror world. We can’t do that without your submissions though!
Deadline: June 15th, 2018.
Payment: $0.0025 per word, plus a digital copy of the issue to appear in.
Due for publication: in August 2018.
Word Count: 2,000-4,000
Reprints are allowed.
Response Time: If we don’t get back to you by the end of July, shoot us a quick email to get us going.
Payment: $0.0025 per word (that’s $5-10 depending on length) paid via PayPal, plus a digital copy of the issue you will appear in. Payment will be distributed once we agree on the terms of using your story.
Please send separate submissions attached to separate emails.
Guidelines for Submissions:
At this time the Horror Bites Magazine is open to all short, horror fiction, including particularly scary or thought-provoking dark fantasy. Note, however, that there are some things that we don’t publish:
- Anything too close to ‘the classics.’
- Violence that doesn’t contribute to the story.
- Gore for the sake of gore.
- Torture porn and rape.
- Erotic horror.
All submissions are to be sent to [email protected]
Please format your subject line as “Horror Bites Magazine: [Your Story Title Here].”
In the body of your email, please include your name (or pseudonym) and word count. If the story is under 2,000 words, please paste the text in the body of the email, otherwise please attach it as a .doc, .docx, .odt, etc. Just use your better judgment. Only .PDF is unacceptable.
Accepted stories will appear in the last three issues of ‘Horror Bites Magazine’s, 2018 season (issues will appear on Amazon, iBooks, Gumroad, and anywhere else E-zines are sold). Once you have a story accepted for publication, we will ask for a 250-750 word author bio and headshot/logo for the author introduction section at the end of each issue. As this is a digital magazine, links to your own platform are not just allowed but encouraged.
- Trembling With Fear 10/14/2018 - October 14, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Dreamforge - October 12, 2018
- Video Refresh: Karen Runge Interview - October 12, 2018
- Closed Market: Iridium Magazine - October 11, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Enchanted Gardens Anthology - October 11, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Compelling Science Fiction - October 10, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Splatter Club: Fresh Meat 2018 - October 10, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Story Seed Vault - October 10, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Nothing Without Us - October 9, 2018
- Contest: St. Martin’s Minotaur/ Mystery Writers of America First Crime Novel Competition - October 9, 2018