- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Horror Bites Magazine
Deadline: June 15th, 2018.
Payment: $0.0025 per word.
Note: Reprints Allowed
’Horror Bites Magazine,’ is looking for authors for our 2018, August to December run. We’re all about broadening the platform of small name horror authors and exposing new authors to the up-and-coming writers of the horror world. We can’t do that without your submissions though!
Deadline: June 15th, 2018.
Payment: $0.0025 per word, plus a digital copy of the issue to appear in.
Due for publication: in August 2018.
Word Count: 2,000-4,000
Reprints are allowed.
Response Time: If we don’t get back to you by the end of July, shoot us a quick email to get us going.
Payment: $0.0025 per word (that’s $5-10 depending on length) paid via PayPal, plus a digital copy of the issue you will appear in. Payment will be distributed once we agree on the terms of using your story.
Please send separate submissions attached to separate emails.
Guidelines for Submissions:
At this time the Horror Bites Magazine is open to all short, horror fiction, including particularly scary or thought-provoking dark fantasy. Note, however, that there are some things that we don’t publish:
- Anything too close to ‘the classics.’
- Violence that doesn’t contribute to the story.
- Gore for the sake of gore.
- Torture porn and rape.
- Erotic horror.
All submissions are to be sent to [email protected]
Please format your subject line as “Horror Bites Magazine: [Your Story Title Here].”
In the body of your email, please include your name (or pseudonym) and word count. If the story is under 2,000 words, please paste the text in the body of the email, otherwise please attach it as a .doc, .docx, .odt, etc. Just use your better judgment. Only .PDF is unacceptable.
Accepted stories will appear in the last three issues of ‘Horror Bites Magazine’s, 2018 season (issues will appear on Amazon, iBooks, Gumroad, and anywhere else E-zines are sold). Once you have a story accepted for publication, we will ask for a 250-750 word author bio and headshot/logo for the author introduction section at the end of each issue. As this is a digital magazine, links to your own platform are not just allowed but encouraged.
- Taking Submissions: Crash Code - June 19, 2018
- Video Refresh: Rejection – The Ugly Word - June 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: WhimsyCon 2019 Anthology - June 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Corpus Press Untitled 2019 Non-Themed Horror Anthology - June 18, 2018
- 5 More Ongoing Spots To Submit Children’s Short Stories! - June 18, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 06/17/2018 - June 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Terra! Tara! Terror! - June 15, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Test Patterns : Creature Features - June 15, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Tough - June 14, 2018
- ‘Scouse Gothic’ Blog Tour – A brief history of Liverpool. - June 14, 2018