- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Grumpy Old Gods Anthology
Deadline: January 13th, 2019
Grumpy Old Gods: Seeking
We’re looking for stories about mythical Gods who are waning, reborn, retired, or otherwise AWOL from their assigned post.
We invite you to re-imagine old myths, mine your local retirement home for things that tickle your fancy, and invite your Muse to go wild. The only requirement is that the god or goddess in question (or whole pantheon if you so choose) must be retired, retiring, waning in power, or ignoring their responsibilities. Bonus points for good humor.
Genre: Speculative Fiction.
What is Speculative Fiction? Well, Wikipedia says… “It encompasses the genres of science fiction, fantasy, science fantasy, horror, alternative history, and magic realism.”
Deadline for Submissions: January 13th, 2019
Submission Format: Word Doc or PDF (No Google Docs please, but we’re willing to work with you if you need to submit in a different format, just contact us!)
Publication: March 2019
What rights are we asking for? We’re asking for the right to print the stories in the anthology, but the writers will retain everything else.
Payment: All authors who participate in the collection will receive an equal portion of the profit, paid quarterly via paypal. None of the startup costs for the book (book cover, formatting, etc…) will be deducted from the proceeds.
Submit to: [email protected]
Editors: Vanessa Wells and Juneta Key.
Who we are:
Juneta Key: You know her as the woman who puts together the Storytime Blog posts. The social media skills are strong with this one.
Vanessa Wells: Self-professed short story junkie and editor of two previous anthologies Spirit and Trick or Treat.
Via: June Takey.
- Trembling With Fear 08/18/2019 - August 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Vestal Review – Web Edition - August 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: An Untitled Stormy Island Publishing Anthology - August 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Apparition Lit Magazine Issue 8: Euphoria (Short Window!) - August 15, 2019
- Trajan’s Arch Blog Tour – On Mythic Fiction - August 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Body & Blood - August 14, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: We Will Remember Freedom - August 14, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: The Bronzeville Bee - August 13, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Blue Route #23 - August 13, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Pulp Horror Phobias Volume 2 - August 12, 2019