Deadline: April 1st, 2020
Payment: $25 and a contributors copy
Theme: Unadulterated horror. Slasher, psychological, monsters, clowns, stalkers, cults, demons, witches, whatever the hell you can think of! Let’s get cut their skin and leave scars.
Come one, come all horror authors. It’s time for another anthology. Life is too short and I’d like to leave our readers dead awake. Send in your best work and let’s make something that will leave the readers sleeping with their lights on.
What I’m looking for: Unadulterated horror. Slasher, psychological, monsters, clowns, stalkers, cults, demons, witches, whatever the hell you can think of! Let’s get cut their skin and leave scars. Send me your best!
What I’m not looking for: Gore for shock value, rape, any violence toward children or anything that really is just shock and nothing else. Give me horror that seeps in, not skin deep.
Requirements: Short horror that is between 2,000 and 6,000 words, exceptions for longer pieces based on quality. A hard cap at 10,000 words. Please put the title, your name, word count and email address on the title page. Single spaced, 12 point, new times Roman is preferred. Clean and edited. Please do your best.
Authors who are accepted will receive $25 per story accepted and one paperback author copy. Multiple submissions are welcome. Simultaneous submissions are welcome as well, but please let me know if it’s accepted elsewhere. Only original, unpublished work will be accepted.
Submissions will be closed April 1st. Get your ideas percolating and get to writing!
Send submissions in .doc or .docx format to [email protected].
Via: Nicholas Catron</a..
- Taking Submissions: Dead Awake - February 7, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Seven Deadly Sins - January 14, 2020
- New Year’s Eve Reflections: Happy New Year! … Or is it? - December 31, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Outback Horrors Down Under - December 30, 2019
- Brain Babies: T&A, or Tepid and Asinine - December 9, 2019
- Brain Babies: Envy And Stuff - September 14, 2019
- Brain Babies: Speak up! - May 22, 2019
- WIHM: An Interview With Jessica McHugh - February 6, 2019
- Brain Babies: Writing Through The Pain - November 7, 2018
- Brain Babies: You do You - December 13, 2017