- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: The Early Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson
Deadline: June 15th, 2019
Payment: $50 plus a percentage of the Kickstarter project profits and a paperback copy of the anthology.
The Early Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson (edited by David Marcum)
Description: In “The Five Orange Pips” Dr. Watson writes that he is faced with so many interesting cases between 1882 and 1890 that it is no easy matter to choose which ones to set down on paper. Despite this claim of many cases, Chronologists agree that the only story which occurs between A Study in Scarlet (March 1881) and “The Speckled Band” (April 1883) is “The Resident Patient”. What happened during this early time in the career of Holmes and Watson? What are some of these early cases? This book aims to answer that question with a series of adventures occurring between 1881 and 1883.
Submission guidelines: A traditional Holmes and Watson story occurring in the above mentioned time frame at a length of 5,000 – 10,000 words (okay to go over or under some).
Payment: Authors shall receive a payment of $50 plus a percentage of the Kickstarter project profits and a paperback copy of the anthology.
Rights: Authors shall retain rights to their work. We only retain the rights to the story within the publication.
Submission Deadline: June 15, 2019
Kickstarter will run in August 2019 and publication of book will occur in October 2019.
Via: Belanger Books.
- Taking Submissions: Darkness Wired - June 17, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 06/16/2019 - June 16, 2019
- The Horror Tree Presents… An Interview With S. L. Edwards - June 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Timeless 2 - June 14, 2019
- Unholy Trinity – Let’s Trip - June 14, 2019
- Taking Submissions: LTUE Benefit/Charity Anthology #3 – Twilight Tales - June 13, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Blood Bath Literary Zine Issue 3 – Hauntings - June 13, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Marshall - June 12, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Pretty Cool Poetry Thing - June 12, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Catacombs: Martyrs on Earth and Elsewhere - June 11, 2019