- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: The Darkleian Times Vol.1
November 30, 2011
The Darkleian Times Vol.1
Deadline: November 30th, 2011
Payment: No advance. Shared royalties on sales.
Announcing the Darkleian Times anthology ezine volume 1 – Tales of speculative fiction, science fiction, fantasy and horror that blur the boundaries of what is and what isn’t.
There’s not enough great speculative fiction. There can never be enough. Hence, the Darkleian Times – an independent quarterly (at least) e-zine of crackingly good speculative fiction. We are looking for speculative short fiction up to about 5000 words for inclusion in the first issue. If this goes well, there will be a second. And a third. And so on…..
Here’s the theme for volume 1, your brief if you like:
Imagine a world in which everything and everyone is monitored….
That’s it. Best imaginationing hats on.
Publication Date: 15th December 2011 (or thereabouts)
Publication format : eBook, generated and distributed through Smashwords
Word Length : Short fiction 2000 to 5000 words.
Guidelines: Short works of speculative fiction containing some or more elements or sensibilities of science fiction, fantasy, horror, magic realism, alternate history, folklore, and/or related ‘nonrealist’ genres and subgenres. No, I’m not sure what this all means either. I’m not overly keen on excessive porn, or graphic violence. Not that I’m a prude – it just limits your market, man! Also, sword and sorcery fantasy (unless served up with a side-dish of pure ‘speculative fiction’ twist) probably isn’t going to find a place here.
Rules: No reprints. Original, unpublished fiction only. No simultaneous submissions.
Payment : No advance. Shared royalties on sales.
Rights : First rights, electronic.
Submit: .doc or .rtf files only please.
Deadline for submission: 30th November 2011
Go to it. Email submissions and/or questions to [email protected] I’ll try and respond to each and every submission within 3 days.
[via: The Darkleian Times.]
- Taking Submissions: Dread: A Furry Horror Mag - April 20, 2018
- Guest Post: Writing Horror - April 20, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Slice #24: Time - April 19, 2018
- Eraserhead Press & Deadite Press Are Open To Novels And Novellas - April 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Working Zealot’s Guide to Gaining Capital in Pre-Apocalyptic America - April 18, 2018
- Serial Killers: It’s Always Easier In The Dark Part 4. The brother who was a Father - April 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Deductions, Delinquents, and Detectives - April 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: In The Air - April 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Knucklehead Noir - April 16, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 04/15/2018 - April 15, 2018