- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: The Darkleian Times Vol.1
November 30, 2011
The Darkleian Times Vol.1
Deadline: November 30th, 2011
Payment: No advance. Shared royalties on sales.
Announcing the Darkleian Times anthology ezine volume 1 – Tales of speculative fiction, science fiction, fantasy and horror that blur the boundaries of what is and what isn’t.
There’s not enough great speculative fiction. There can never be enough. Hence, the Darkleian Times – an independent quarterly (at least) e-zine of crackingly good speculative fiction. We are looking for speculative short fiction up to about 5000 words for inclusion in the first issue. If this goes well, there will be a second. And a third. And so on…..
Here’s the theme for volume 1, your brief if you like:
Imagine a world in which everything and everyone is monitored….
That’s it. Best imaginationing hats on.
Publication Date: 15th December 2011 (or thereabouts)
Publication format : eBook, generated and distributed through Smashwords
Word Length : Short fiction 2000 to 5000 words.
Guidelines: Short works of speculative fiction containing some or more elements or sensibilities of science fiction, fantasy, horror, magic realism, alternate history, folklore, and/or related ‘nonrealist’ genres and subgenres. No, I’m not sure what this all means either. I’m not overly keen on excessive porn, or graphic violence. Not that I’m a prude – it just limits your market, man! Also, sword and sorcery fantasy (unless served up with a side-dish of pure ‘speculative fiction’ twist) probably isn’t going to find a place here.
Rules: No reprints. Original, unpublished fiction only. No simultaneous submissions.
Payment : No advance. Shared royalties on sales.
Rights : First rights, electronic.
Submit: .doc or .rtf files only please.
Deadline for submission: 30th November 2011
Go to it. Email submissions and/or questions to [email protected] I’ll try and respond to each and every submission within 3 days.
[via: The Darkleian Times.]
- Ongoing Submissions: Feed Your Monster - September 20, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Antimatter Magazine - September 19, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Enchanted Conversation: A Fairy Tale Magazine - September 18, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 09/17/2017 - September 17, 2017
- Taking Submissions: After The Orange - September 15, 2017
- Taking Submissions: ROAR 9 - September 14, 2017
- Taking Submissions: One Story - September 13, 2017
- Taking Submission: ‘Alien Invasion’ And ‘Endless Apocalypse’ - September 12, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Mad Scientist Journal - September 12, 2017
- ‘Full Bleed’ Is Coming To Kickstarter And Might Be Of Interest To You! - September 12, 2017