- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Oath and Iron
Deadline: July 1st, 2018
Payment: $0.01 per word and a contributor’s copy
- Stories can be 1,000 words to 10,000 words.
- The anthology will be published in ebook and paperback formats.
- We pay upfront $0.01 / word. Authors will receive the e-book and one print copy of the anthology, plus wholesale pricing for additional print copies.
- Previously unpublished submissions strongly preferred.
- We are seeking twelve months of exclusive worldwide print and electronic distribution rights and non-exclusive worldwide print and electronic distribution rights in perpetuity.
- Multiple submissions are fine, but simultaneous submissions are discouraged. Please don’t re-submit a rejected story unless we request revisions.
- We hope to have responded to everyone within one month of the submission window’s closing. Feel free to query if it’s been longer than two months.
- Stories must be double spaced, in 12-point Times New Roman font (or something similar). Do not submit in Courier. The story title, your byline, a word count, and contact information should appear on the first page, and your last name, story title, and page number should appear in the header information of all other pages. We’re not particular about whether you use italics or underlining for emphasis, how many spaces are after the period, or whether you use straight or smart quotes.
- Submissions may be sent to the email address: Submit your stories via email as an attachment in .doc, .docx, or .rtf format. The subject of your email should be SUBMISSION: <story title> by <byline>. The email body should contain a short list of your publishing credits and any pertinent biographical details.
- The submission period begins April 1, 2018, and ends July 1, 2018.
- The story must have a fantasy/speculative element. Science fantasy is ok, but we’re aiming for fantasy rather than straight science fiction. We prefer “clean” stories and strongly prefer noblebright stories. For more on noblebright, please see noblebright.org.
- The story must address the “Oath and Iron” theme in some way. To us, oath and iron is a reference to fairies and the treacherous bargains they make. We’re interested in both classic and new interpretations of fairies. We’re interested in clever, dangerous, unpredictable creatures, bargains and promises that aren’t what they seem, and bright, brave characters rising to the challenge. We expect a fairy, faery, fae, elf, pixie, kobold, nixie, dryad, brownie, or other creature of Faerie in the story, but the role this character plays is up to you (protagonist, antagonist, contagonist, innocent bystander, etc.).
Via: Spring Song Press.
- Taking Submissions: Chrysopoeia (working title) - August 17, 2018
- Video Refresh: Rhiannon Frater Interview - August 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Deranged - August 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Oklahoma Pagan Quarterly Winter 2018 - August 16, 2018
- Excession Press Is Open To Novella And Novel Manuscripts - August 15, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Apparition Lit Magazine – October 2018 - August 15, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Heroes of the Apocalypse - August 14, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Icarus Contest - August 14, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Wrong Turn - August 13, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Eagle Has Landed - August 13, 2018