- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Motorcycle Themed Anthology
April 15, 2014
Deadline: April 15, 2014 or when filled
Payment: $30 and a contributor copy
What we are looking for:
1. We are looking for unusual, original stories that, in some way, shape, or form involve motorcycles and/or their riders, surroundings, etc. Perhaps the entire story revolves around a particular motorcycle and/or its rider. Maybe a motorcycle is important to the setting or the background, maybe it’s just passing through… While motorcycles or their elements must figure into the piece, the actual degree of involvement in the story… well, we’ll leave that up to you. If you want an idea of what we like, check out one of our favorite motorcycle-themed stories, Julio Cortazar’s “The Night Face Up.”
2. The above mentioned stories are just ideas. We want to see what you come up with, so show us your creative best. Stories can be dark fantasy, horror, magic realism, literary, etc. Humor is okay, too. What we want, more than anything, is a good, solid story—stores that touch us, as readers, in some way. We love stories that are written from an unusual perspective, contain unusual but believable characters, or show us something we’ve never seen before. We don’t mind sex or blood—not even a bit—but we are not huge fans of excessive gore. If it is necessary to the story, no problem at all—we get that. Gore for gore’s sake… not so much.
3. A word about word count: We are accepting stories from 1000—5000 words, with the majority of stories probably falling in 2000-5000 word range. We are pretty flexible with word count as long as it’s a great story. Impress us and even if you are a little over or a little under, we will sneak you in.4. We much prefer original stories but if you have a reprint you feel is exceptional, query us. We are usually more than happy to give reprints a read, although preference is given to original pieces.
How to submit:
1. Please submit your stories to motorsubs at elektrikmilkbathpress dot com and send them as black-and-white, Times New Roman, 12 pt. font—no fancy fonts, please! Send as .rtf files and make sure you include your name, pseudonym (if applicable), word count, address, and contact info. If we choose your story, we want to be able to let you know!
2. Please include a short bio of about 50 words. We’ve said it before, and we mean it. We are super-nosy and we really want to know who you are.
3. Finally, please include the word submission somewhere in your subject line; otherwise, we can’t promise we will be able to receive what you send. We don’t want to lose all your hard work and effort but our system is ornery and it might just decide to throw you away!
What you can expect:
1. We are hoping to respond in approximately 6-8 weeks. We say hoping because, often, our response times grow long. Still, we do respond to every submission. If it has been awhile and you are worried, please feel free to query us.
2. We are offering a one –time payment of $30 and a contributor copy in return for non-exclusive rights. Authors of selected stories will receive a contract.
3. Books will be made available through Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble.com our website and many other places, as well as being offered to authors at a discount.
This project will close to submissions April 15, 2014 or when filled.
Any questions? Feel free to query.
Via: Elektrik Milk Bath Press.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!