- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Letters from the Grave: A Collection of Epistolary Horror
Deadline: February 28th, 2019
Payment: 5 cents per word and a contributor’s copy
Letters from the Grave: A Collection of Epistolary Horror
The epistolary form has a long, proud tradition in the horror genre. From the classics such as Frankenstein and Dracula, through modern classics like World War Z. We want to see your fresh takes on the idea. Remember that the epistolary genre doesn’t just include letters. It can be stories created from nearly any kinds or combinations of documents, i.e. crime scene reports, diary entries, interview transcripts, etc. This can include modern electronic and digital “documents” such as texts, voicemails, Tweets, blog posts, and more. Original stories only, no reprints.
Preferred word count: 2,000 to 10,000 words
Payment and rights: $.05/word on acceptance, and one paperback contributor’s copy. First Print and First Electronic Rights, exclusive for 1 year. The anthology will be published as an ebook and in paperback, and we reserve the right to produce a hardcover edition.
Reading period: Now, through February 28, 2019.
Stories should be submitted to [email protected], with the subject line “Letters from the Grave.”
Please don’t send us:
- Fan-fiction or stories using other authors’ characters, settings, etc, unless they are in the public domain.
- Gratuitous bestiality, incest, child sex, sexual assault, racism, etc. This is a horror anthology, of course, so “adult content” and horrific, disturbing incidents are certainly going to be there. Make sure, however, that any of these elements are necessary to the story and that their depiction makes sense in the context of the letter or other documents.
- Random horror stories that you’ve stuck a “Hey, you’ll never believe what happened to me!” email frame around.
Via: Orbannin Books.
- Taking Submissions: Recognize Fascism - April 19, 2019
- Video Refresh: First Draft Blues - April 19, 2019
- The Unholy Trinity: The Old Man - April 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: DreamForge Magazine - April 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Organic Ink: Volume Three - April 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Little Girl Lost: Thirteen Tales of Youth Disrupted - April 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Cats. And Bikes. In Space. - April 17, 2019
- Calling All Poets! Billy Collins Teaches Reading And Writing Poetry In This New MasterClass! - April 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Shadow Booth Volumes 4 And 5 - April 16, 2019
- Apex Magazine Has Gone On Indefinite Hiatus - April 16, 2019