- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Interstellar Flight Press Novellas
September 15, 2019
Deadline: September 15th, 2019
Payment: 40% of all Publisher’s Net Receipts to the author as royalties.
Note: They’re willing to send sample contracts in advance so you can look them over before deciding.
Interstellar Flight Press will be open for submissions of speculative novellas from May 15-September 15. We are looking for:
- Fiction Novellas 17,500–40,000 words.
- Speculative genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy, Horror, Supernatural, Weird, Mystery/Thrillers or any combination of the above. Hybrids or difficult to categorize novellas are welcome.
- Young Adult novellas are okay as long as they are speculative in some way.
- We will consider both standalone novellas and series (Please submit the first book in a series only).
- Please send complete manuscripts (your entire novella) in .doc or .docx formats, formatted in Standard Manuscript Format.
- Please include a synopsis on the first page of your manuscript, max 500 words.
- We require a cover letter with bio. Be sure to include links to your website and social media so we can get to know you.
- Simultaneous and multiple submissions are fine, just let us know if you need to withdraw. Novellas should be previously unpublished.
- Agented submissions are welcome. If you’re an agent, please send us an email or submit via the submission form.
We are keen to publish new authors as well as to hear from more established authors. As always, we love hearing from authors from underrepresented backgrounds and marginalized communities.
All of our books receive a full marketing plan and are printed in hardcover and paperback formats, as well as distribution as eBook and audiobook. We consider publishing a collaboration and pay 40% of all Publisher’s Net Receipts to the author as royalties. Depending on the project, we may also offer an advance. We ask for exclusive world English rights, audio rights, and some subsidiary rights. We believe in transparency. If you would like to see a sample of our contract, please email us at contact (at) interstellarflightpress (dot) com.
Our turnaround time around three months. Please query if you haven’t heard from us after 90 days.
- Taking Submissions: In Darkness, Delight: Fear the Future (Volume 3) - January 24, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Untitled Local Oddities Cemetery Gates Anthology - January 23, 2020
- Taking Submissions: A Monster Told Me Bedtime Stories - January 23, 2020
- Taking Submissions: One Story - January 22, 2020
- Ongoing Submissions: Public Domain Fanzine - January 22, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Best Vegan SFF of the year (Reprints Only) - January 21, 2020
- Ongoing Submissions: Infinite Worlds Magazine - January 21, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Guardians of Time - January 20, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Horror USA: Alaska - January 20, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Twenty Twenty - January 17, 2020