- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Glimpses Of Insanity
August 1, 2012
Deadline: Aug. 1, 2012
Payment: Payment: Stories that are 3,999 words and under will be for exposure only. Stories that are 4,000 words and above will receive one paperback contributor copy as payment.
Glimpses of Insanity
Edited By Eloise J. Knapp
Deadline: Aug. 1, 2012
Target Release Date: Oct. 3, 2012
How to Submit:
Send submissions to [email protected] with “Glimpses of Insanity” (story title and author name)” in subject line. Please attach a WORD document file containing your story. Please use Times New Roman, size 10 font and please DO NOT double space or use headers or page counts. Page one of the file must contain your contact information (title of your disorder, name, mailing address, E-mail and word count) If any of these items are missing from your document, I will reject right away. If this information is there, it makes it easier for me to contact you.
What we are looking for:
We know about schizophrenia and Stockholm syndrome, but what about the truly odd and morbidly bizarre psychological disorders? What about Apotemnophiliaor Capgras Delusion? We are looking for stories with some amount of medical accuracy and, above all, dark exploration of these strange mental phenomenon. Stories should feature only one disorder and be of a horror/thriller nature.These stories will require basic research of a bizarre mental disorder and a plot, but beyond that let your imagination take you where it desires.
Unacceptable themes: schizophrenia, Stockholm syndrome, pedophilia, necrophilia, multiple personality disorder, depression, bi-polar disorder.
Stories that are 3,999 words and under will be for exposure only. Stories that are 4,000 words and above will receive one paperback contributor copy as payment.
What rights we ask for:
Exclusive Anthology Rights and Electronic Media Rights for publication in the US English language anywhere in the world. Exclusive rights will remain in place for the first year from the publication date. After that time, the rights drops to non-exclusive rights for the following four years. The anthology will remain in print for a period of five years.
[via: Rainstorm Press.]
- Trembling With Fear 09/23/2018 - September 23, 2018
- The Horror Tree Presents… An Interview with Dean M. Drinkel - September 22, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Black Labyrinth Anthology I : Possession - September 21, 2018
- Video Refresh: Finding Your Identity - September 21, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Speculative City - September 20, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Irregular Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - September 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Detective Fantasy Anthology - September 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Thuggish Itch: Devilish - September 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Tales From The Moonlit Path Halloween 2018 Issue - September 17, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: The No Sleep Podcast - September 17, 2018