- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Glimpses Of Insanity
August 1, 2012
Deadline: Aug. 1, 2012
Payment: Payment: Stories that are 3,999 words and under will be for exposure only. Stories that are 4,000 words and above will receive one paperback contributor copy as payment.
Glimpses of Insanity
Edited By Eloise J. Knapp
Deadline: Aug. 1, 2012
Target Release Date: Oct. 3, 2012
How to Submit:
Send submissions to [email protected] with “Glimpses of Insanity” (story title and author name)” in subject line. Please attach a WORD document file containing your story. Please use Times New Roman, size 10 font and please DO NOT double space or use headers or page counts. Page one of the file must contain your contact information (title of your disorder, name, mailing address, E-mail and word count) If any of these items are missing from your document, I will reject right away. If this information is there, it makes it easier for me to contact you.
What we are looking for:
We know about schizophrenia and Stockholm syndrome, but what about the truly odd and morbidly bizarre psychological disorders? What about Apotemnophiliaor Capgras Delusion? We are looking for stories with some amount of medical accuracy and, above all, dark exploration of these strange mental phenomenon. Stories should feature only one disorder and be of a horror/thriller nature.These stories will require basic research of a bizarre mental disorder and a plot, but beyond that let your imagination take you where it desires.
Unacceptable themes: schizophrenia, Stockholm syndrome, pedophilia, necrophilia, multiple personality disorder, depression, bi-polar disorder.
Stories that are 3,999 words and under will be for exposure only. Stories that are 4,000 words and above will receive one paperback contributor copy as payment.
What rights we ask for:
Exclusive Anthology Rights and Electronic Media Rights for publication in the US English language anywhere in the world. Exclusive rights will remain in place for the first year from the publication date. After that time, the rights drops to non-exclusive rights for the following four years. The anthology will remain in print for a period of five years.
[via: Rainstorm Press.]
- Taking Submissions: Retro Horror - April 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Fairytale Dragons - April 22, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 04/21/2019 - April 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Recognize Fascism - April 19, 2019
- Video Refresh: First Draft Blues - April 19, 2019
- The Unholy Trinity: The Old Man - April 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: DreamForge Magazine - April 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Organic Ink: Volume Three - April 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Little Girl Lost: Thirteen Tales of Youth Disrupted - April 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Cats. And Bikes. In Space. - April 17, 2019