- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Glimpses Of Insanity
August 1, 2012
Deadline: Aug. 1, 2012
Payment: Payment: Stories that are 3,999 words and under will be for exposure only. Stories that are 4,000 words and above will receive one paperback contributor copy as payment.
Glimpses of Insanity
Edited By Eloise J. Knapp
Deadline: Aug. 1, 2012
Target Release Date: Oct. 3, 2012
How to Submit:
Send submissions to [email protected] with “Glimpses of Insanity” (story title and author name)” in subject line. Please attach a WORD document file containing your story. Please use Times New Roman, size 10 font and please DO NOT double space or use headers or page counts. Page one of the file must contain your contact information (title of your disorder, name, mailing address, E-mail and word count) If any of these items are missing from your document, I will reject right away. If this information is there, it makes it easier for me to contact you.
What we are looking for:
We know about schizophrenia and Stockholm syndrome, but what about the truly odd and morbidly bizarre psychological disorders? What about Apotemnophiliaor Capgras Delusion? We are looking for stories with some amount of medical accuracy and, above all, dark exploration of these strange mental phenomenon. Stories should feature only one disorder and be of a horror/thriller nature.These stories will require basic research of a bizarre mental disorder and a plot, but beyond that let your imagination take you where it desires.
Unacceptable themes: schizophrenia, Stockholm syndrome, pedophilia, necrophilia, multiple personality disorder, depression, bi-polar disorder.
Stories that are 3,999 words and under will be for exposure only. Stories that are 4,000 words and above will receive one paperback contributor copy as payment.
What rights we ask for:
Exclusive Anthology Rights and Electronic Media Rights for publication in the US English language anywhere in the world. Exclusive rights will remain in place for the first year from the publication date. After that time, the rights drops to non-exclusive rights for the following four years. The anthology will remain in print for a period of five years.
[via: Rainstorm Press.]
- ‘Still Dark’ Blog Tour – The Most Important Class I Ever Took - January 23, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Temporal Fractures: [Mis]Adventures in Time - January 22, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Schlock! Horror! - January 22, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 01/21/2018 - January 21, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Lost Souls and Robots & Artificial Intelligence - January 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Internet is Where the Robots Live Now Anthology - January 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Nefariam: The Element of Crime - January 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: She’s Lost Control - January 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: City In The Ice - January 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Nightscript Volume 4 - January 16, 2018