- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Glimpses Of Insanity
August 1, 2012
Deadline: Aug. 1, 2012
Payment: Payment: Stories that are 3,999 words and under will be for exposure only. Stories that are 4,000 words and above will receive one paperback contributor copy as payment.
Glimpses of Insanity
Edited By Eloise J. Knapp
Deadline: Aug. 1, 2012
Target Release Date: Oct. 3, 2012
How to Submit:
Send submissions to [email protected] with “Glimpses of Insanity” (story title and author name)” in subject line. Please attach a WORD document file containing your story. Please use Times New Roman, size 10 font and please DO NOT double space or use headers or page counts. Page one of the file must contain your contact information (title of your disorder, name, mailing address, E-mail and word count) If any of these items are missing from your document, I will reject right away. If this information is there, it makes it easier for me to contact you.
What we are looking for:
We know about schizophrenia and Stockholm syndrome, but what about the truly odd and morbidly bizarre psychological disorders? What about Apotemnophiliaor Capgras Delusion? We are looking for stories with some amount of medical accuracy and, above all, dark exploration of these strange mental phenomenon. Stories should feature only one disorder and be of a horror/thriller nature.These stories will require basic research of a bizarre mental disorder and a plot, but beyond that let your imagination take you where it desires.
Unacceptable themes: schizophrenia, Stockholm syndrome, pedophilia, necrophilia, multiple personality disorder, depression, bi-polar disorder.
Stories that are 3,999 words and under will be for exposure only. Stories that are 4,000 words and above will receive one paperback contributor copy as payment.
What rights we ask for:
Exclusive Anthology Rights and Electronic Media Rights for publication in the US English language anywhere in the world. Exclusive rights will remain in place for the first year from the publication date. After that time, the rights drops to non-exclusive rights for the following four years. The anthology will remain in print for a period of five years.
[via: Rainstorm Press.]
- Taking Submissions: Dread: A Furry Horror Mag - April 20, 2018
- Guest Post: Writing Horror - April 20, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Slice #24: Time - April 19, 2018
- Eraserhead Press & Deadite Press Are Open To Novels And Novellas - April 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Working Zealot’s Guide to Gaining Capital in Pre-Apocalyptic America - April 18, 2018
- Serial Killers: It’s Always Easier In The Dark Part 4. The brother who was a Father - April 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Deductions, Delinquents, and Detectives - April 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: In The Air - April 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Knucklehead Noir - April 16, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 04/15/2018 - April 15, 2018