- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Fallen Gods
January 3, 2021
Deadline: January 3rd, 2021
Payment: $100 via Paypal
Theme: Explore a world where gods reign as gods must, but this is not a happy story. It is the story of how a god fell from grace.
The Fallen Gods Anthology is your invitation to explore a world where gods reign as gods must, but this is not a happy story. It is the story of how a god fell from grace. Specifically, we are looking for stories with gods in same-gender relationships where one deity dies by some means and the surviving god falls from their immortal reign. Maybe they gave in to anguish and lost their divine spark. Perhaps they sought revenge and were exiled from the celestial realms. The fall is yours to tell.
This anthology is the first of ours to only include LGBTQIA+ stories. We will be accepting the eight best submissions for inclusion in this anthology. These stories can be of any genre, but the main character and their partner must be members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and we ask that you keep your stories to YA standards.
Please carefully consider your submission before you send it to us. Check for simple errors. Have a beta reader comb through it. Do everything you can to make us say yes. We are looking forward to reading how your god fell from grace.
1. Submissions are due on or before 12:00 p.m. PST on January 3, 2021. Please submit all stories to [email protected] with Subject Line: JHP Fallen Gods Anthology and the title of your work.
2. All submissions must be in English and double spaced with 12-point Times New Roman font.
3. Please submit your story as a .docx file. Your name, the work’s title, and the work’s word count must be on the front page. Please also include a 50- to 100-word author’s bio with your submission.
4. Story length is 10,000 to 15,000 words. Your story must meet the minimum word count. Submissions below 10,000 words and above 15,000 words will be rejected without consideration.
5. You must own the rights to your submission. Only original works will be considered.
6. We do allow simultaneous submissions. If your work is published elsewhere, please let us know immediately. Contact us at [email protected].
7. You retain the rights to your work. However, Jazz House Publications has the right to use your name and story to market the anthology. This right is retained from the time of submission through the anthology’s shelf life.
8. Accepted authors will be paid $100 at the time of publication, which is expected to be March 8, 2021. All payments will be made through PayPal.
Via: Jazz House Publications.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!