- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Dread: A Furry Horror Mag
Deadline: June 1st, 2018
Payment: $0.02 per word
Deadline: June 1, 2018
Theme: Flash Fiction horror that feels real while containing anthropomorphic animals as characters
Word Count: up to 1000 words
Payment: $0.02 per word
Dread is an online horror furry magazine that focuses on flash fiction (1000 words or less). We are seeking short scenes of dreadfully frightening stuff containing anthropomorphic animals (humanized animals). We’re trying to create something along the lines of a furry No Sleep (see Reddit No Sleep for example stories). Suspension of disbelief is key. The story will have to feel real.
Although this is a horror magazine project, there are limits as to what we can actually take. Dread will not tolerate any explicit portrayals of Rape, Torture Porn, Pedophilia, necrophilia, Characters that you do not own or characters under copyright, Bigotry, and extreme violence.
Rule of thumb: If you can get away with it in an R-rated film, you’ll most likely be fine. Blood and gore, nudity, light sex are fine.
Reprints are fine with us as long as you own the rights to your story.
Simultaneous submissions are fine! If your story is accepted elsewhere, it is your responsibility to let us know.
Weasel Press asks for Non-Exclusive rights to your story in perpetuity.
Submissions are taken through Submittable. Use one submittable form to upload your story(stories if more). The form will take up to 3 DOC or DOCX documents. That means you’ll have to have all of your submission ready when you send it off.
As this is an online only magazine, there will not be a print version of it. We will display a free PDF document of the project once completed. If you would like a kindle version, we will have one available for $0.99.
Dread: A Furry Horror Mag
Via: Weasel Press. (Have to click through to submit.)
- Ongoing Submissions: Wicked Words Quarterly - July 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Bikers VS The Undead (tentative title) - July 19, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Worlds Without Master - July 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Spoon Knife 4: A Neurodivergent Guide to Spacetime - July 17, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Nightlight Podcast - July 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec November Issue 2018 - July 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Bikes in Space Trans & Nonbinary Edition - July 16, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 07/15/2018 - July 15, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Gathering Storm Magazine - July 13, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Trickster’s Treats – Tales from the Pumpkin Patch #2! - July 13, 2018