- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Death’s Garden
May 1, 2017 - May 2, 2017
Deadline: May 1st 2017
Where Evil Blooms in the Shadows
Reaper has a hobby – gardening. In a garden sowed by the seeds of the damned, Reaper tends to the plant’s every need. These black seeds bloom in the shadows, petals unfolding as the vile, mortifying tale takes root in your mind.
Like Mandrake, you only need touch it and the poison absorbs into your skin, penetrating your soul; and like mandrake, these tales should be locked up – never to be told – but we disagree.
Put on your protective gloves and delve into this garden of prose. Add your own black seed, your tale that would not be shared elsewhere. Dig deep into your darkness and come back with a tale you may be too afraid or ashamed to admit came from you, do your worst.
Just remember… you reap what you sow.
This is a Lycan Valley Press BLACK BOOK series, Volume 1.
It is different from our other anthology titles as we are granting much more leniency to our writers’ imaginations, and taking a much bigger risk due to content.
Gore and cursing are fine. Implied reference to rape, child harm, and sensitive material are permitted as long as they are crucial to character or story development.
Reaper is looking for extreme horror stories.
Down to business:
- Open until May 1st 2017 (Publication date TBA)
- Rights required are First North American Anthology Rights with one year exclusivity.
- Payment is $25.00 CAD and a digital copy. A discount code will be available for print copies. (This Series may add print with pay in the future – if we survive.)
- Please refer to Shunn’s standard short story formatting. (http://www.shunn.net/format/story.html)
- Email as an attachment in .doc or .docx format to: [email protected]
- Subject line should read: Death’s Garden/StoryTitle/LastName
- In your cover letter include the following: contact information, a short bio, and a link to your website or blog.
- 3000 – 10,000 words max.
- The Editor wishes to remain anonymous and will henceforth be referred to, and accredited as “Reaper”.
Book Back Text
Reaper has a hobby – gardening.
In a garden sowed by the seeds of the damned, Reaper tends to the plant’s every need. These black seeds bloom in the shadows, petals unfolding as the vile, mortifying tale takes root in your mind.
These tales are of the most exquisite evil, prone to trigger, offend, and traumatize you.
Don’t say we didn’t warn you…
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!