- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Dark Stars
January 15, 2020
Deadline: January 15th, 2020
Payment: $20 and a contributor paperback copy
Note: Reprints welcome but original stories preferred
Death’s Head Press will be accepting submissions for Dark Stars, an anthology of sci-fi horror, starting December 1, 2019 through January 15, 2020
What we’re looking for:
- Death’s Head Press is seeking short stories between 3,000 and 8,000 words.
- The short stories MUST HAVE ELEMENTS OF SCIENCE FICTION AND HORROR. Think the Alien movies or Event Horizon or Pandorum.
- We will only accept one submission per author for this anthology. So, send us your best! Simultaneous submissions are fine, but let us know if another publisher picks up your story before us.
- We are not scared away by graphic content. We can handle all the blood, guts, and sex you can dish out. Just remember, this is not an erotica or splatterpunk anthology. While we won’t turn your story away based on those elements, they aren’t necessary for acceptance either.
How to submit:
- Email your submission to [email protected] with the Subject line reading DARK STARS ANTHOLOGY.
- Consider the body of your email the cover letter and tell us whatever you like. Just remember what was mentioned above: we don’t care about you, we care about your story. Then give us a brief description of your work (2-5 sentences). Let me repeat that, GIVE US A BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF YOUR WORK.
- Attach your entire manuscript to the email in .doc, .docx, or .rtf formats.
- Use 12 pt font in Times New Roman.
- Your author name, email address, book title, and word count should appear on the first page of your manuscript. All subsequent pages should have your name, title, and page number in the header.
- Get your work as clean of grammatical errors as possible. We don’t expect a perfect manuscript, but if it is riddled with one mistake after another, then we’re unlikely to accept it.
Payment for this anthology will be $20 and a contributor paperback copy.
*Due to the graphic themes of our publications, and possible legalities, we ask that potential authors be 18 years-of-age and older.
*Reprints may be accepted on a limited basis. Basically, if you’re sending us a reprint it needs to be damn good and not under contract anywhere else.
*Be respectful. We’re a new press and still ironing out the wrinkles. Sending us nasty emails instead of politely asking us questions is a good way to never find your way into our books.
Via: Death’s Head Press.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!