- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Christmas Gothic Short Stories
Deadline: January 9th, 2022
Payment: 8 cents/6 pence per word for original stories, 6 cents/4 pence for reprints
Theme: Compelling science fiction
Note: Reprints Welcome
Christmas Gothic Short Stories
About the theme:
The Christmas Gothic Short Stories collection (with thanks to author Marina Favila for the suggestion) is a seasonal celebration of the dark and moody, the ghastly, the ghostly and the magical Christmas short story. We’re looking for new submissions to join the classic tales of Algernon Blackwood, James Joyce, E.F. Benson and Elizabeth Gaskell.
For Christmas Gothic submit your story to [email protected]
Terms and Guidelines
- We do not require exclusivity and do accept reprints
- Multiple submissions are fine
- Simultaneous submissions are fine but you must have the right to license your story in an anthology
- For accepted stories we pay Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America (SFWA) rates of 8 cents/6 pence per word for original stories, 6 cents/4 pence for reprints
- We will aim to read each story and confirm its status within 4 months of the submission deadline
- Payment for the chosen stories will be made within 30 days of the final advertised publication date (see our website flametreepublishing.com for details), although some may be paid earlier than that
- Submission does not imply the right to publication. Each story will be read and assessed by the selection panel.
- Word length is most likely to be successful at 2000-4000 words, but we will still read stories slightly outside this range
- Let us know in your submission email whether your story would be a reprint or is currently unpublished
- Please submit in .doc, .docx or .rtf formats, double spaced, with your name and email address in the footer or header of each page
- If submitting a story that has recently been submitted to us for consideration to another anthology, please state this in the submission email
- Deadline for submissions is Sunday 9th January 2022
The Flame Tree Gothic Fantasy, Classic Stories and Epic Tales collections bring together the entire range of myth, folklore and modern short fiction. Highlighting the roots of suspense, supernatural, science fiction and mystery stories, the books in the Flame Tree Collections series are beautifully presented, highly collectable and offer a lifetime of reading pleasure.
Thank you, and good luck!
Via: Flame Tree Publishing.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!