- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Black Rabbit #7
December 1, 2018
Deadline: December 1st, 2018
Black Rabbit is now accepting submissions for Issue No. 7 through December 1st.
For this issue, the Editors are looking for fiction, poetry, and visual art pieces, as well works including but not limited to installations, public art, GIFs, bathroom graffiti, and other forms that cross disciplines.
In literature, the Editors enjoy Salvador Plascencia, Jay McInerney, Mavis Gallant, Anton Chekhov, Elena Kochina, Daniil Kharms, Isaac Babel, Donald Barthelme, and Gary Shteyngart, at least when he writes nonfiction. They are unapologetic Russophiles. They dislike Chuck Palahniuk, Bret Easton Ellis, Gary Shteyngart’s novels, and Gabriel Garcia Marquez, though they are assured that this last is only because they have not read enough Marquez yet, and they feel slightly guilty about it.
In poetry, the Editors are reading the works of Morgan Parker, Ocean Vuong, Teebs Pico, and Laura Broadbent.
In art, the Editors trend strongly towards the non-representational, distorted, and abstract. Recently, the Editors have been looking at Ann Gale, Philip Guston, Anselm Kiefer, Marlene Dumas, Kerry James Marshall, Balthus, R H Quaytman, Francis Bacon, and Georg Baselitz.
For further ideas, please see previous issues and check out our Instagram @blackrabbitquarterly
As a reminder, please keep all fiction and non-fiction to 3000 words. Novel excerpts are encouraged, as long as they can stand narratively on their own. Submit up to three poems, for a total of no more than six pages. Generally, the shorter the better. Simultaneous submissions are encouraged, although be sure to let us know promptly if your work is accepted elsewhere. As always, Black Rabbit offers all artists and authors twenty five dollars for their work.
Additionally, Black Rabbit is constantly looking for abstract paintings to go on covers. Whether a submission call is up or not please send us your abstract expressionist artwork. Even if we can’t use it for a cover we just want to see it. Unfortunately we cannot offer payment for cover art, much as we’d love to.
Please send all submissions to [email protected]
— The Editors
Via: Black Rabbit Quarterly.
- The Unholy Trinity: Barrel - January 18, 2019
- SFWA Is Raising Pro Rate For Short Fiction To Eight Cents Per Word - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Suburban Review #13: LUCK - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Even Furries Hate Nazis - January 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Tales from the Space Force - January 17, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Historic Heroines - January 16, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: parABnormal Magazine - January 16, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Remain Magazine - January 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec May Issue 2019 - January 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Alternative Apocalypses - January 14, 2019