- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Behind the Mask – Tales from the Id
Deadline: November 30th, 2017
Payment: $50 (AUD)
Featuring reprinted stories by Clive Barker, Ramsey Campbell, and more, and edited by Oz Horror Con’s Steve Dillon, “Behind the Mask – Tales from the Id” is the third anthology in our ‘Things in the Well’ series. The first was published in May 2017, titled “Between the Tracks – Tales from the Ghost Train” and the second, published in October 2017 was “Below the Stairs – Tales from the Cellar.” Both anthologies featured reprints of stories by Clive Barker, Ramsey Campbell along with other greats such as Charles Dickens, H.P. Lovecraft, M.R. James an more. Alongside these classic tales of terror, we aim to highlight new works from contemporary established and emerging authors.
We’re now peeling back the masks to disclose more best-of-breed, memorable tales. We’re after new (no reprints) short, supernatural tales, psychological thrillers, or creature features involving masks of some sort. Physical, metaphorical or spiritual, so long as the theme of masks is clearly central to your tale. Word count is expected to be in the region of 6,000 – 10,000 words. We’re paying a flat rate of $50 (AUD) for this anthology. You will retain rights. More details on request*.
Featuring Clive Barker’s ‘Sex, Death and Starshine.’
In each of the anthologies, we hope to bring you archetypal stories that best represent the theme. Clive Barker’s ‘The Midnight Meat Train’ and ‘Hell’s Event’ were featured in the first two anthologies.
Also featuring Ramsey Campbell’s ‘The Other Side.’
We’ve also featured tales by Ramsey Campbell in both anthologies. Ramsey Campbell is the undisputed grandmaster of paranoiac, creepy tales of insidious terror. He has won many major awards and received numerous accolades over five decades, and we are delighted to present another archetypal story by Ramsey Campbell, appropriate to the theme of masks, ‘The Other Side.’
*Email: [email protected] with questions or your submission, and please use standard formatting, single-spaced, no tabs, single-lined with “double quotes” for speech and *** for section separators. Apart from that, keep the formatting simple and we’ll take care of the rest if selected (Please use italics for emphasis, NOT underline.)
The Deadline is November 30th, 2017 with an expected publication date of January/February 2018. Please only send single submissions, and no reprints. For more details, go to www.ThingsInTheWell.webs.com
- Taking Submissions: Tales From The Crust: : An Anthology of Pizza Horror - December 11, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 12/10/2017 - December 10, 2017
- Taking Submissions: From A Cat’s Point Of View - December 8, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Shades of Santa - December 8, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Triangulation: Music - December 7, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Shards Anthology (Noblebright, Grimbright, Nobledark, and Other Oddities) - December 6, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Unnerving Novelettes, Novellas, Novels, and Collections - December 5, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Sunny Places, Shady People - December 5, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Black Buttons Volume 3 - December 4, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 12/03/2017 - December 3, 2017