Deadline: June 30th, 2018
Payment: $25 and 2 contributor’s copies.
We were so pleased with how our 2018 WhimsyCon Anthology (Wit & Whimsy) came out, we want to do it again! Do you want to submit your work to be included? See the details below!
WhimsyCon 2019 Anthology
Shiny Garden is seeking short fiction for its 2019 WhimsyCon Anthology. Steampunk, science fiction, fantasy, and other speculative fiction preferred.
Submissions should be:
- Written in English.
- Written for a PG-13 audience (no explicit sex or violence).
- Between 5,000 – 15,000 words.
- Typed and double-spaced.
- Include the author’s name, address, phone number, and
approximate word count at the top of the first page.
- Print ready (already edited for grammar, continuity, etc.).
- Saved as a .doc or .docx file.
Note: Paragraph indentations must be created using document formatting features, not tabs.
If your submission is selected for the anthology, you will receive:
- $25 in payment.
- Two (2) complimentary copies of the printed anthology.
- Option to purchase additional copies at 50% of the cover price.
Submissions should be sent by email (as an attachment) to
- Submissions will be accepted May1, 2018 – June 30, 2018.
- Authors will be notified that their submissions were received within seven (7) business days of receipt.
- Authors will be notified of acceptance status by July 31, 2018.
WhimsyCon 2019 Anthology
We are pleased to announce Andy Burns will be our guest editor for the 2019 WhimsyCon Anthology!
A.M. Burns has been writing since high school but got serious about things while working in corporate America in his thirties. Since that time, he has authored over 150 works of various lengths and helped numerous authors with their editing. As a member, and previous president of Colorado Springs Fiction Writers Group, he’s worked with authors of all skill levels aiding them in improving their work and getting things ready for the readers who are eagerly waiting for them.
In recent years he’s been the editor for the Colorado Hawking Club newsletter. He’s also worked on three anthologies with Colorado Springs Fiction Writers Group, and even more with Out in Colorado Fiction, helping authors polish their work before publication. Beyond writing, A.M. enjoys assisting writers achieve their personal goals with their words and is looking forward to the new challenges working on the WhimsyCon anthology will bring.
When he’s not writing, editing, or marketing, A.M. enjoys hiking or driving in the mountains around his home in central Colorado with his husband and their huge black dog. He’s also an avid photographer and gamer.
- Taking Submissions: Spoon Knife 4: A Neurodivergent Guide to Spacetime - July 17, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Nightlight Podcast - July 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec November Issue 2018 - July 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Bikes in Space Trans & Nonbinary Edition - July 16, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 07/15/2018 - July 15, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Gathering Storm Magazine - July 13, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Trickster’s Treats – Tales from the Pumpkin Patch #2! - July 13, 2018
- The Importance Of The Author Homepage - July 13, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Not Just A Pretty Face - July 12, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Twilight Madhouse Volume 4 - July 12, 2018