Deadline: May 1, 2019
Payment: USD $130, and 2 print copies of the book
Calling all crime writers and crime reporters!
Worldwide Call for Submissions: True Crime
Theme: Serial Killers
I’m seeking new true-crime stories for an exciting new anthology I’m editing for an American publisher. I’d especially like to see stories featuring serial killers from locations outside of the United States. (If you prefer to write about a serial killer who’s extremely well known to American audiences, offer a new angle on the story.) Material must be factual and fact-checked. I’m looking for well-developed content that offers the reader more than dry reportage.
Story range: 4,000-7,500 words
One-time payment per story: USD $130, and 2 print copies of the book. (Fee is competitive with what other anthology editors working with this publisher or similar are offering.)
Contributor fees paid approximately 1 month after publication. (Preferred payment method: PayPal.)
For: Non-exclusive rights with one-year’s exclusivity from date of publication.
Deadline for submissions: May 1, 2019
Contact me with suggestions and/or queries at:
Submissions4Mitzi @ gmail.com
Stories should be formatted as follows: double-spaced Arial 12-point Word document (sent as attachment). Indent the first line of each paragraph by half an inch. Do not add extra lines between paragraphs or irregular spacing between words or sentences. American spelling and punctuation (i.e. quote marks, etc.). Include your legal name, postal address, and an author bio of 50-100 words written in the third person. No simultaneous submissions please.
In the subject line of your email: Serial Killers anthology.
If you don’t receive an acknowledgement within a week of submitting your material, definitely follow up!
Mitzi Szereto (mitziszereto.com) is a multi-genre fiction and non-fiction author and anthology editor of more than two dozen books including Ladies of Gothic Horror (A Collection of Classic Stories); Florida Gothic; Getting Even: Revenge Stories; The Wilde Passions of Dorian Gray; Red Velvet and Absinthe; Pride and Prejudice: Hidden Lusts and Thrones of Desire: Erotic Tales of Swords, Mist and Fire. She gives talks and readings at major literature festivals and teaches creative writing around the world, including universities. Follow her on Twitter @mitziszereto
Via: Mitzi Szereto.
- Taking Submissions: The Blue Route #22 - February 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Speculative City: Occult - February 18, 2019
- ‘Dominic’s Ghosts’ Blog Tour – And Get off My Lawn… Some Writerly Advice from 30 Years of Doing This - February 18, 2019
- WIHM: Knowing Your Industry - February 17, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 02/17/2019 - February 17, 2019
- WIHM: Be Brave, Be Delighted - February 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Apparition Lit Magazine (Short Window!) - February 15, 2019
- Creators Should Really Check Out The Available MasterClass Programs! - February 15, 2019
- Video Refresh: James Dorr Interview - February 15, 2019
- WIHM: Horror Is For Women - February 15, 2019