Deadline: November 30th, 2018
Payment: $20 USD and a contributor’s copy
Hell hath no fury as a woman scorned
Give me your scorned women–jilted brides, protective mothers, vengeful servants. As long as the ghost doing the haunting is female, it’s fair game. She can be trying to keep her husband from finding love again, she could be protecting her children, she could be out to ruin someone’s life in retaliation for a long-standing done-her-wrong. Why is she doomed to remain among the living? What’s her unfinished business? That ghost has a story and I want to know what it is and what she’s doing about it.
But wait, there’s more. It’s gotta be a romance. Are the ghost-hunters trying to suppress a burning attraction? Is a grieving husband falling for someone new? All I ask is that there’s no banging corpses or ghosts. (What fun would either of those be?)
- Stories 4,000 words or more
- Reprints accepted but not preferred. When submitting a reprint include information about its original publication in your submission email.
- Open to all gender pairings and multiple partners
- Contemporary setting preferred, but not required.
- Simultaneous & multiple submissions = No
Payment: $20 USD and a paperback copy of the anthology in exchange for the non-exclusive right to include the story in both the print and electronic versions of the anthology.
Open Submission Period: September 1, 2018 – November 30, 2018
To submit: Please submit a .doc or .rtf in something approximating standard manuscript format to [email protected]
Please note: It may be several days between submitting and receiving a confirmation email because the editor is sending them manually rather than automating the process.
About the Editor: Trysh Thompson has written just about every form of non-fiction you can think of–everything from news, movie reviews, magazine columns, marketing hype, software manualls, and was even an editorial assistant on a gardening book no one has ever read (The 7-Minute Organic Garden–see, you never heard of it, have you?). To keep from being slowly and torturously bored to death by her day job, she turned to fiction as a means of escape–reading it, writing it, and editing it. She also edited the geek romance anthology Covalent Bonds.
About the Series: Triskaidekaphilia is the love of the number thirteen. It’s also the name of our anthology series which explores the more shadowy corners of romance and erotica. There will be 13 volumes in total, each of which will be released on a Friday the 13th.
- Taking Submissions: A Tribute to H.G. Wells: Stories inspired by the Master of Science Fiction - November 21, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Once Upon a Future Time, Vol 2. - November 21, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Arsenika – Winter 2018 Issue - November 20, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Thuggish Itch: Theme Park - November 20, 2018
- Holy Stock Photo Black Friday Deal! - November 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Journal of Compressed Creative Arts - November 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Every Day Fiction January 2019 - November 19, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 11/18/2018 - November 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Bennington Review - November 16, 2018
- Video Refresh: The Crossroads - November 16, 2018